Summer's almost over
Every place I've lived for the last 20 years, summer is something to be endured. With the exception of a few nice days in California, fall is looked forward to like the light at the end of a tunnel. This is the first year I've actually ENJOYED the summer and don't really want it to end. We have gone to my grandma's beach house several times, gone to the beach near us at least once a week, many times more than that, and played in our backyard for hours at a time. This morning we woke up and it was 47 degrees outside! I like fall still, but our playing outside days are numbered and I'm a little sad about it. (My Arizona family, however, is very excited to say adios to the 100's and 90's!)

We forgot Miley's swimsuit one day, but he didn't seem to mind. He tasted every rock on this beach.

I cannot get that hair of hers to behave.

Gull Pond in Greenport right after the hurricane.

I wish I could run in a swimsuit and have not a worry in the world!

Granny's back porch!

Miles loves his chair because he can watch his favorite comedian, Tate.

Lucy got all "dressed up" to meet Tate after his first day of school. They were very happy to see one another.

Lucy and I get to stop in at the tiny library every day on the way to pick up Tate from school to pick out 5 books and a movie for the next day. Our most recent favorite book is Milo's Hat Trick.

The swing in our backyard is my new favorite spot. We got it at Wally World in Texas at the very end of summer, so it was dirt cheap! Yes, that's my giant unpedicured foot.

Lucy and Tate were fighting over who's turn it was in the toy car. Lucy's just a little bit faster and more wiley so she made it in, but Tate made sure she couldn't enjoy it.

We forgot Miley's swimsuit one day, but he didn't seem to mind. He tasted every rock on this beach.

I cannot get that hair of hers to behave.

Gull Pond in Greenport right after the hurricane.

I wish I could run in a swimsuit and have not a worry in the world!

Granny's back porch!

Miles loves his chair because he can watch his favorite comedian, Tate.

Lucy got all "dressed up" to meet Tate after his first day of school. They were very happy to see one another.

Lucy and I get to stop in at the tiny library every day on the way to pick up Tate from school to pick out 5 books and a movie for the next day. Our most recent favorite book is Milo's Hat Trick.

The swing in our backyard is my new favorite spot. We got it at Wally World in Texas at the very end of summer, so it was dirt cheap! Yes, that's my giant unpedicured foot.

Lucy and Tate were fighting over who's turn it was in the toy car. Lucy's just a little bit faster and more wiley so she made it in, but Tate made sure she couldn't enjoy it.


2 Comments:
My happiest memories of this summer was just reading that blog! On behalf of my summer, which consisted of being in the last miserable stage of my pregnancy in Arizona, I thank you.
Maybe Lucy's hair would behave if you lived in the dry hot desert like us. I mean, Sofia's hair is practically perfect all the time! Ha ha ha...
Les.
Post a Comment
<< Home