Friday, December 01, 2006

It's hard to be a fat kid at the park


Ok, so he's not really a fat kid, but I'm sure it must be hard for those who are extra fluffy to fit in these swings. We went with Jacob and Landon (does it seem like we spend every waking moment with them? I swear I mention them more than I do my own children. Lucky for them, they're escaping for the Holidays.) to a park near the water. They recently ripped out several play structures, like things to climb on and imagine in, and they installed 6 of these ridiculous dinosaurs.

Six! Now nobody ever has to wait in line to ride on a dinosaur (so now I don't have to bother teaching delayed gratification or taking turns, which is good because they'll probably never need those things in the real world.) and they don't have to mess with that whole pesky imagination thing. They'll all grow up to be actuaries who can't wait 3 minutes to get their Big Mac at McDonald's so they can go ride the dinosaurs they've had installed in their own backyards since they don't know how to play on anything else. Okay, maybe it won't be that bad, but Lucy's ticked because there's no "girl stuff like unicorns or my little ponies" to ride on. Speaking of the little princess, she's actually queen of the giant lilly-livered chickens.

She loves to go on the "super fast slide" but doesn't like the whole going super fast part, so she holds on to the side the whole way down. It's a wicked cool slide!



I gotta remember to notice where my shadow is falling before pushing the button.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

No girl stuff?! That settles it. We're not moving to CT. :)
Les.

12/01/2006 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home