Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A little about me

My sister-in-law, Leslie, did this on hers. Since I'm going to print this blog at the end of the year and make it into a family journal, I thought it was a great idea. That, and because I want to do everything Leslie does!

1- your worst habit? Loud mouth. I'm forever saying inappropriate things. It's like word-vomit. I know it's coming, I know it's not going to be pretty, but I just can't stop in time.
2- your best feature? Well, it's not my growing-out-from-post-baby-fall-out hair that resembles Chewbacca from Star Wars, and it's not my massive size 9 1/2 feet, although they are very awe inspiring. I'd say it's my height. You may not find that a great feature, but it's a great way to hide 60+ pounds of post-baby weight.
3- what you like most about your spouse? He's the nicest guy in the world. Except for when I was sad about being really pudgy from just having a baby and he said "hey, lots of people are fatter than you". Ooh, or when he said he liked dinner but I shouldn't make it for company. Oh, or the time I was thinking of getting a haircut and a pedicure and I said, "I need to go somewhere to get spruced up a little" to which his reply was, "Like a boob job?" Except for those times, he's the nicest guy in the world.
4- if you could travel anywhere, where would it be? Home to Arizona for Thanksgiving. It'd be really nice to sit down to eat with all my siblings (they're all there together without me!) and listen to what Eric has to say. His conversations are always the most lively. Like the time we were out to eat with Grandma Holmes and she was having a glass of wine. He leans over and says, "Hey Grandma, how many of those does it take to get you really bombed?" Grandma didn't quite understand, or maybe she did and was giving one of us ample time to kick Eric under the table. Either way, she simply said, "What?" "You know, how many glasses of wine before you start hitting on me?" I really miss Eric.
5- what do you admire most in a dear friend you have? Suzie's ability to make fun of herself. We have this thing going called the Mommy of the Year Award. Anything really hideous we do to our children can win us the award, like when Suzie forgot to strap her son into the high chair and he did a kamakazi onto the floor. Or the time I snapped at Lucy for whining at me for two days in a row and realized the next day that she'd gotten 4 molars in in one week.
Anyway, if you've got a minute, post your answers in the comments or on your own blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Love your answers, Alison. :)
Les.

12/01/2006 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home