Because it's not a real party until somebody ends up in the hospital. . .

Miles and I got to have a nice little vacation at the 5 star (if hospitals had a star-based rating, theirs would be 5 ) Greenwich Hospital for the last couple of days. He's been sick (as have all of us) for a while and when he got some nasty stomach bug from church, (don't get me started on sick people showing up at church. I might start swearing again.) his system just couldn't handle it. He went in acting like an old gym sock (lifeless and smelly) and woke up the next morning like a road-side diner (loud and busy and smelly). He felt good enough yesterday that they finally unhooked him from the i.v. and he immediately decided to take a walk. First, I should say that Greenwich, being Greenwich, has a fantastic security system and they attach little lo-jack systems to each kid's ankle so nobody can borrow your kid. Miles's little walk took him too close to the door to the ped's unit and tripped the alarm. As soon as the fog-horn alarm went off, he came running back to me, but it was too late. Every elevator in the hospital shut down (some with people still in them) and security people came running. Phones were ringing everywhere and people were saying things into walky-talkies like, "Yes, we have visual confirmation. Yes yes, the baby is right here. Yes, his mother has him." It was all very exciting. As we left the hospital, the valet went to get our car and the security guard asked my baby's name. When I told him, he said, "Oh, so HE'S the one who set off my system this morning!" Sorry. He's better now, although he's still sick. At least now he can be sick in the comfort of his own home.

That's the i.v. tube sticking out of him.

This is obviously right before we went home because he's feeling well enough to be naughty.


8 Comments:
Poor Miles! :(
see some exciting stuff doesn't happen when we aren't around! Just kidding
-Katherine
Oh little Miley.....we hope you get better soon!
*I didn't know they made hospital gowns that little!
A valet? Posh. I am glad he is home and on the mend.
What a fun outing, or well not so fun, but it is a nice hospital. The picture with the phone is cute. He was the cutest child until Parker was born. Now he can be the cutest little walking child.
Never a dull moment with the Parkers! Did you get to keep the low-jack system?...could come in handy at the grocery story!
Yuck. I really don't like those hospital cribs.
I am glad to hear that Miles is feeling better. You deserve a break from all the sick!
I hope this is the last of it. We're thinking of you guys!!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
He's even cute when he's sick. Poor kid. And poor parents. I hope this week is already way better than last!
Les.
Post a Comment
<< Home