Thursday, September 27, 2007

All of our loose odds and ends

IMG_4505
We went to the Annual Library Open House last weekend looking for a good time. While a good time was not to be found, we got some exercise (1 mile round trip!), Lucy got her face painted (Jake asked if he could try his hand at the face painting station. Needless to say, kids were lined up to get him to do theirs too.), and I got my overdue library movie (that I didn't even know we had) turned in. Not a total loss, but we might choose a better way to spend the afternoon next year, like cleaning the baseboards or watching leaves fall off trees.
Speaking of which, IT"S COMING!!!! The tree at the end of our street is starting to change and I'll get a picture tomorrow.
IMG_4537
We also went to the Zoo again last week and Miles bonded with the giant smelly sleeping tiger. He had a hard time tearing himself away from that window. Until I told him we could go see some giant smelly sleeping bears. That kid's just one thrill after another.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Sorry the library afternoon was a bust. Lucy came out of it pretty cute, though. Did Jake paint her face?

The tigers at the Phx Zoo are too far away to see. They're always sleeping when we visit, so I guess far is as good as near. Except the little ones can't distinguish them from the habitat. (Me: "See honey, that big stripey lump sleeping over there is the tiger." Kid: "Can we go play in the sprinklers?"

9/28/2007 10:19 AM  
Blogger Shido said...

Nice face-painting, Jake!

10/01/2007 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home