We love candy!!!
The annual beg-for-sugar-and-completely-forget-how-to-say-thank-you. . . er. . . I mean the Trunk or Treat was last night at the church. Try stuffing a ward that has too many people to begin with, a bunch of tired mommies and daddies, several hundred kids hopped up on sugar, an entire branch that doesn't speak English, and dozens of plastic swords into a semi renovated ward building and put the Young Men and Young Women in charge. Send all the kids out into the unlit (?! seriously, who thought to have this in an unlit parking lot?!) parking lot to beg for sugar. Make sure the number of families handing out candy is significantly smaller than the number of kids so the kids have to wrestle like traders on wall street to get near the tail gates. Also, make sure the gym floor is being refinished so there's no choice but to go outside and huddle around the one portable fireplace. Throw in an excavator and two construction dumpsters for good measure, and see how much fun you have. I bet not as much fun as us since it rained all day first and we had 50 to 60 mph winds all night. Great fun.
Suprisingly, this costume took me the longest. Two weeks of sewing strips of muslin on by hand will give you great protectiveness over a costume. I followed Tate all night saying, "don't eat chocolate until we're home! You've got to wear that at school on Tuesday!"
Superman was so happy because he had just defeated his arch nemesis, Madame Butterfly.
This butterfly had a little too much nectar at the party. Aren't those eyelashes gorgeous?
Our coolness decreased drastically when Napolean Dynamite joined us. Especially when he started eating tater tots out of his pocket and asking for chapstick.
After I finished her wings, Lucy couldn't stop fluttering around.
Apparently M. Butterfly wasn't dead after all. She suprised him with a sneak attack and almost sent him tumbling down the stairs. His flying super power was on the fritz.
I was dressed as Barbie's mom. Jake kept telling me over and over all night how much better I'd look with long thick pink hair. Thanks honey. That makes me feel great, since tomorrow I have to go back to the short dirt colored childbirth-made-all-my-hair-fall-out-and-now-that-it's-growing-in-I-look-like-Chewbacca's -sister 'do.









4 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jake's costume rules. I love it, that's what I was going to be. Maybe I'll be Kipp instead.
I love them!!!!
i love the costumes. At least you dressed up. I am what I am every day-a nurse- because I am to tired to change my clothes and it means more laundry.
Post a Comment
<< Home