Happy Belated Birthday America!
I LOVE the 4th of July! Anytime I can go lay on the ground and watch exploding things while eating more than I should, I'm there! We had a great time this year, as the weather was a little chilly (in past years we've lived in Phoenix, Dallas, and L.A), the food was good, there were friends all around, and we only had one minor injury (falling firework ash in Lucy's eye).
I make star sugar cookies every year, and every year, my kids lick off all the frosting and then hand me the slimy carcass for more frosting.

We wait until we're there to put the frosting on so as not to have a bag of goo upon arrival.

We brought lots of toys to keep us all happy while we waited. Playing dodge ball with the blow up beach balls was a big hit. The patriotic whistles were not so well received by the adults and surrounding celebrators. (sorry, Adam!)

I tried to get a good picture since they were all clean at once, but Miles kept chucking the ball as far away as he could so he could watch Jake run after it.

He finally got wise to our plan and bolted, but luckily Jake's pretty quick on his feet.

So, we'll settle for this as a representative picture of the festivities. This is about how the whole night went anyway.

I make star sugar cookies every year, and every year, my kids lick off all the frosting and then hand me the slimy carcass for more frosting.

We wait until we're there to put the frosting on so as not to have a bag of goo upon arrival.

We brought lots of toys to keep us all happy while we waited. Playing dodge ball with the blow up beach balls was a big hit. The patriotic whistles were not so well received by the adults and surrounding celebrators. (sorry, Adam!)

I tried to get a good picture since they were all clean at once, but Miles kept chucking the ball as far away as he could so he could watch Jake run after it.

He finally got wise to our plan and bolted, but luckily Jake's pretty quick on his feet.

So, we'll settle for this as a representative picture of the festivities. This is about how the whole night went anyway.



7 Comments:
Yippee! You're back! Love the pictures. Especially because you are the only family in the whole park! You guys are party animals!
On the 4th Josh told me that he wished that Tate still lived here so that we could have a fun 4th of July. -Coren
Fun party! Love the beach balls. Cute picture of Miley's nibbles. ;)
I want one of your sugar cookies. I'm a wimp when it comes to baking them. They are so much work! Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. SO SMART to frost 'em when you get there. Duh!
And thanks for getting blogger fixed so you can post pictures. That was quick!
Les.
Holy stash of balls! So glad the 4th was a great holiday for you! And even happier that your blog is working at full capacity!
I think this ranks up there on my favorite holidays too....I started your sugar cookie tradition this year....they were a hit. Nothing better than fireworks and sugar cookies (and getting out of the heat!)
So fun! We were rained out this year.
Happy (belated) 4th!!
This was just what I have been waiting for since your Christmas posts. I love your 4th's, I always have fun but yours seems soooo soooo American.
Post a Comment
<< Home