I'm losing 10 lbs by Christmas
I tried to put my pants on today. I say "tried" because I did not succeed. I know Yoda says, "Do or do not, there is no try", so I guess to be accurate, I did not put my pants on this morning. These were not some ridiculous size 2 pants from my dust covered box in the basement. These were the same pants I wore two weeks ago. This was also the day I discovered that the God of Auto Repairs is not smiling on me and Jake's car has bitten the big one, but that is another post. Back to my rear end.
Oh, and let me say, I'm not sharing this goal in an effort to hear my friends say, "But Alison, you're already so thin!" I'm sharing this goal in an effort to succeed. I want to be held accountable by all 2 of my readers (Mom and Jake). I want them to ask how it's going, have I drunk enough water today, have I gotten off my can and exercised, have I emptied the halloween candy jar single handedly during a hormone enduced, chick flik watching, gorge-fest on my living room floor. Again.
I'm not comparing myself to anyone else. Well, I am, but it's a girl I knew last summer. She could breath easier, run faster, her foot didn't hurt when she walked, and most importantly, she wore my pants. She's a less padded version of me and since I have no pants that fit and no money to buy some (thank you, auto-nation), I'm gathering my courage, closing the fridge, strapping on those sneakers, and by golly, I'm reclaiming my pants!
Oh, and let me say, I'm not sharing this goal in an effort to hear my friends say, "But Alison, you're already so thin!" I'm sharing this goal in an effort to succeed. I want to be held accountable by all 2 of my readers (Mom and Jake). I want them to ask how it's going, have I drunk enough water today, have I gotten off my can and exercised, have I emptied the halloween candy jar single handedly during a hormone enduced, chick flik watching, gorge-fest on my living room floor. Again.
I'm not comparing myself to anyone else. Well, I am, but it's a girl I knew last summer. She could breath easier, run faster, her foot didn't hurt when she walked, and most importantly, she wore my pants. She's a less padded version of me and since I have no pants that fit and no money to buy some (thank you, auto-nation), I'm gathering my courage, closing the fridge, strapping on those sneakers, and by golly, I'm reclaiming my pants!


12 Comments:
see you at 10!
That's a great goal! I hope I can be inspired by you because my pants are quite tight these days...Good luck!!!
Sounds good to me, too. This slightly padded version of me is ready to meet bony me again.
Sorry about the car. So are you stranded 3 days of the week?
Les.
I just want you to know that both Nathan and I read your blog so now you can update your post. Good luck....where there is a will there is a way or whatever that saying is...You will do it...it will probably only take you two days, but YOU GO GIRL!
That's my goal too! Let's see who can do it the fastest.
I almost posted the same thing after seeing me in our family pics. I'm with you on this one.
Yay! It's always more fun with friends. My friend, Julie, is starting to walk with me as soon as her double jogger comes in. That ought to help. Now, if I can just make my peace with gravy.
I just dumped the Halloween jar to rid myself of the extra temptation! Good luck in your venture. Maybe I'll join you. (But not so publicly...I'm not as confident as you are.)
So who is the girl you knew last summer?
go girl. I have that ambition about 3 or 4 days out of the week. better than none.
holy moly! this is jami parker (your old beehive from mesa AZ), anyways, I just love that I have blog stalked you. well I too am trying to lose 10 pounds, but I will check up on you, and hopefully you can check up on me. I just had a baby, so if you send me your address, I can send you an announcement! good luck!
Wow. Alison, I was suppose to go to the gym this morning, but i woke up late. But you, Alison Parker (i don't know if you have a middle name...), have inspired me to jump up and GO TO THE GYM....well, after I eat breakfast...
Post a Comment
<< Home