Something's just not quite right...
One of these kids is doing their own thing, one of these kids just isn't the same...

Saturday was another day of trying to stay out of the house while Jake works. It's turning into my least favorite day because during this stage of his book, he needs it quiet to concentrate. We don't do quiet. I saved all our errands from the week and armed with snacks, drinks, diapers, and lots of prayers, we headed out. It wasn't so bad when you consider how many places we went (stopping at Wal-Mart for Frosted Strawberry Pop-tarts and milk helped considerably. It's amazing what a forbidden treat in the car will do for three tired kids.) After only 7 hours, I gave up and had Jake pause to set up the slip-n-slide in the backyard. That drew in all the neighbors and gave us a couple more hours. By late afternoon, I was ready to die, so Jake took over and I collapsed.
No wonder they like him better. I make them go to Home Depot, Stew Leonards, the dry cleaner, the library, the bank, the post office, Wal-mart, and a toy store and he does stuff like this:



Saturday was another day of trying to stay out of the house while Jake works. It's turning into my least favorite day because during this stage of his book, he needs it quiet to concentrate. We don't do quiet. I saved all our errands from the week and armed with snacks, drinks, diapers, and lots of prayers, we headed out. It wasn't so bad when you consider how many places we went (stopping at Wal-Mart for Frosted Strawberry Pop-tarts and milk helped considerably. It's amazing what a forbidden treat in the car will do for three tired kids.) After only 7 hours, I gave up and had Jake pause to set up the slip-n-slide in the backyard. That drew in all the neighbors and gave us a couple more hours. By late afternoon, I was ready to die, so Jake took over and I collapsed.
No wonder they like him better. I make them go to Home Depot, Stew Leonards, the dry cleaner, the library, the bank, the post office, Wal-mart, and a toy store and he does stuff like this:




5 Comments:
What a day. Kudos to you for pulling it off. I wish I was close so you could come crash at our house! Maybe if you lift some more weights you can do fun stuff like Jake does. ;)
Les.
Next Saturday I'll come help out so you two can have a break. I'm not sure what yet, but something.
It's so not fair that daddy's always end up seeming to be more fun when they make a guest appearance. Such is life, I suppose.
Miles is on to something with his backyard dress code. Less laundry for you.
Thanks for the laugh out loud "one of these kids is not the same" comment. That was hilarious!!
Just hop on a plane or drive down to Tejas. We have room!!
Oh my gosh - come over! We have a huge back yard and a quiet street so all your kids could bring their bikes. We could meet at a park or something fun.
Post a Comment
<< Home