Friday, November 14, 2008

It's better than nothing!

That's my new motto about everything in life. "It's better than nothing."

Need a 50's costume for your kindergartener and you only have half a day's notice? Throw a big polka dot skirt on her and tie a ribbon in her hair.

It's better than nothing.

Had plans for dinner but you don't have the energy to pull it together? Boil some pasta, open a jar of sauce, and have spaghetti for the 3rd time this week.

It's better than nothing.

No clean clothes for your kids? Pull out a shirt that was in the "too small" bucket and push up the sleeves so you can't tell they're too short.

It's better than nothing.

Have a present all ready for a baby shower but your 3 year old rips it open to see what's inside? Just throw a bow on the box and skip the wrapping paper.

You guessed it,

It's better than nothing.

My people aren't really loving the new motto.

I thought I was in labor two days ago and suddenly realized I have no plan for the kids if I leave for the hospital before my due date! All my backup people are going to be out of town for a good portion of the next 2 weeks, and I can't bring my kids with me unless I want to pay for therapy for a good long while. I emailed another friend (who has a 1 year old little boy who I'm sure never does anything naughty) and asked her to "be me" if anything surprising should occur.
I told her, "They're not really that hard to watch, just water them daily and if they get grouchy, throw cold cereal at them.

It's better than nothing."

7 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Water and cold cereal...perfect! I wish I could fly out at a moment's notice. False labor stinks. Unless of course you're REALLY not ready to go. I'm so excited for DP to be born!
Les.

11/14/2008 3:30 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

P.S. Your "better than nothing" sounds a lot like my "look what I did!"

11/14/2008 3:30 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey call me if you ever need another backup for anything. I do live in Wilton now, but I'd be happy to come to the rescue if needed! And I do miss your kids . . . and you and Jake, too!

11/14/2008 7:23 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11/16/2008 9:41 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

This is the best motto ever. May we borrow it?

11/16/2008 9:41 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I love that motto!

11/16/2008 3:12 PM  
Blogger Sandi N. said...

Seriously Al, you're hilarious!

11/17/2008 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home