No, we're not in hiding...
So, maybe I've neglected my family journal lately, but I have good reasons. I'm huge, I'm grouchy, and now I'm sick. Other than that, we're all still here.
The kids had Columbus Day off last week, so we headed to our favorite snow sliding park to launch stomp-rockets off the hill.

The weather was perfect, the friends were in abundance, and the leaves were just starting to fall. It was a nice last hurrah for our summer clothing.

I remember always wanting to play on the playground while eating my lunch as a kid, and I could never figure out why my mom wouldn't let me.

(I now realize it had to do with choking and not chucking the veggies under the slide, which is what Miles is doing. Can anybody spot the little sneak?)
That's right, we're still working on not being sneaky. It's been going on since Miles was 18 months old and I still can't break him of it. All the apples in our house look like this:

I used to have a lovely bowl and pitcher set that looked like this:

Now the bowl just looks like this:

I think I could handle all the destruction and sneakiness with a little more grace and patience if I wasn't already teetering on the edge due to my inability to get off the floor or walk 30 paces without pausing for a sit-down.
170
The kids had Columbus Day off last week, so we headed to our favorite snow sliding park to launch stomp-rockets off the hill.

The weather was perfect, the friends were in abundance, and the leaves were just starting to fall. It was a nice last hurrah for our summer clothing.

I remember always wanting to play on the playground while eating my lunch as a kid, and I could never figure out why my mom wouldn't let me.

(I now realize it had to do with choking and not chucking the veggies under the slide, which is what Miles is doing. Can anybody spot the little sneak?)
That's right, we're still working on not being sneaky. It's been going on since Miles was 18 months old and I still can't break him of it. All the apples in our house look like this:

I used to have a lovely bowl and pitcher set that looked like this:

Now the bowl just looks like this:

I think I could handle all the destruction and sneakiness with a little more grace and patience if I wasn't already teetering on the edge due to my inability to get off the floor or walk 30 paces without pausing for a sit-down.
170


3 Comments:
what a fun day before it starts to get cold! Good luck with your last couple of weeks. I know you are due pretty soon here!
They are still wearing shorts and teeshirts? I had my kids in jeans and long sleeve shirts when it's 77 outside....I think we've been grug through 100 plus hot summers and it may have changed us...a little.....so sorry about your stuff...kids are just so hard on our homes!!! That bench you are fixing is oing to look amazing-way to go!
Love the apple....
(sorry about your pitcher)
Post a Comment
<< Home