Sunday, October 12, 2008

The 5 dollar bench...

Two years ago, I bought a bench at a yard sale for $5 despite disheartening comments from my husband about how ugly it was and how I was just going to end up throwing it away anyway.
Well, here's the before:

IMG_7657
(yes, that is wood-colored contact paper slapped on a piece of plywood.)

The during:

IMG_4844
(and yes, Mom, I spray- painted it outside so as not to suck in any fumes.)

And as soon as I get the fabric on, I'll post the after.

6 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I love a DIY redo!
Les.

10/12/2008 9:09 PM  
Blogger The Blakes said...

Loved the comment to your mom. I would have needed to make the same disclaimer.

10/13/2008 9:28 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

P.S. That bench has really great lines.

10/13/2008 11:57 AM  
Blogger Darleen said...

That is beautiful!! I can't wait to see it complete with fabric.

10/13/2008 4:39 PM  
Blogger kjkabm said...

I know I never comment on your blog, but maybe I should start! That bench will be super cute! I have been working on a few projects like that myself lately and it's so fun to make old things cute!
Jeni M.

10/13/2008 7:11 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Beeyoootiful!

10/13/2008 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home