I'm starting to panic.
I haven't felt it until this week. December 5th seemed like lightyears away until now. I don't know why, but it has suddenly dawned on me that I'm having a 4th child. I think I put up a wall of denial to protect myself after all of those miscarriages, but suddenly it's crumbled and the terrifying truth has settled in. Maybe it's the teeny tiny house that has not one extra inch for a crib. Maybe it's the one bathroom, or the impending winter that caused me to spend a nauseating amount of money on snow boots this week. Maybe it's the lack of sleep from which I'm already suffering at the hands of my youngest "night wanderer" in search of more of Lucy's Chocolate Pills.
Whatever it is, I'm scared. I know the pioneers did it with 19 kids, an oxen, and a bag of wheat, but truly, I'm not a pioneer. I'd be dead right now if I was.
I have a whole list of things that need done, a list of what I want done, and a list of things that will never in a million years get done, but they taught me to set high goals in Young Women's, so by-golly, I'm setting those goals!
I need help. Real help. I need a husband who's home on more than Sundays. I need my mommy. Heck, if I could just have my s-i-l, Leslie, here for 2 or 3 days, I could get it all done, buy a slurpee and go for a pedicure. Hey Les, whatcha doin' tomorrow?
Whatever it is, I'm scared. I know the pioneers did it with 19 kids, an oxen, and a bag of wheat, but truly, I'm not a pioneer. I'd be dead right now if I was.
I have a whole list of things that need done, a list of what I want done, and a list of things that will never in a million years get done, but they taught me to set high goals in Young Women's, so by-golly, I'm setting those goals!
I need help. Real help. I need a husband who's home on more than Sundays. I need my mommy. Heck, if I could just have my s-i-l, Leslie, here for 2 or 3 days, I could get it all done, buy a slurpee and go for a pedicure. Hey Les, whatcha doin' tomorrow?


9 Comments:
Somehow you'll do it all...You never cease to amaze me. You were the one who told me, "People with more kids learn how to do everything they have to do more efficiently." But I wish I could come help you!
Oh man, you about made me cry! I have been wanting to hop on a plane for two weeks now. I'd love a slurpee and a pedicure. Fly me out!
Les.
I love what Mother Teresa said:
"I know the Lord won't give me more than I can handle...I just wish He didn't trust me so much!"
You are the most capable mother I know, Al. You will do this, and you will do it with grace, style, and a sense of humor. Of that, I have no doubt. I, on the other hand, am saving for my son's therapy bills. :)
Hey! We are pioneer women just living out here! I know you will do fine. You've got a talent that moms try to follow. Isn't the fourth always the easiest?
Will a homemade apron make you feel better? That's about all I'm good for these days. But really, pick up the phone any time you want and I'd be happy to lend a listening ear! :)
You are such a good Mom, you are going to be just fine! You are also absolutely adorable pregnant! I wanted to tell you again how delicous & fun your cooking presentation was. I can't wait to pick your brain & get all those fabulous recipes written down.
Stop, if you are scared what are the rest of us supposed to do? You do it all, and it all perfect. You are one of those people that must have 30 hours in their day instead of 24 because you accomplish so much.
You have such dang nice friends! I gotta get me a couple of those! I need a homemade apron and 7 other people to tell me that not only will I be ok but I'm practically perfect in every way like Mary Poppins! Are you Mary Poppins? Al, if you are losing it then what do the rest of us have to hang on too? Holy crap, should I be losing it too? Is this really number 4 or do I just like chimichungas out of no where? Pull it together Mary Poppins you are scarin' the crap out of the chimney sweeps!
Go ahead and take her. We'll be fine!
-Annika
Post a Comment
<< Home