Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Yet another place I can never show my face again...

I ruined my skirt last week, and as it was one of the only two things that fit me right now, I was forced to go out in search of some fat girl clothes. I took Miles and headed over to the giant maternity store in White Plains, where they have a play area in the middle of the store. It's great because the kids can play in the middle while the moms shop and can keep them in sight the whole time.
Well, I hauled an armload of clothes into the dressing room, ready to see if I could fit anything over my ever-expanding middle and left Miles to play in the middle. These aren't normal dressing rooms, mind you. They're cubicles right in the middle of the store, with only curtains, not doors. Let me add here, that there were 11 men in business suits roaming the store, talking, trying to decide what to do with an adjoining vacant store. I'm the only customer. So, me, Miles, two sales ladies, and 11 business men. How much trouble could Miley get in while I'm standing 10 feet away, peeking at him every 30 seconds?
Well, I'd tried on several things and was in between dresses, standing there in just my underwear, when suddenly I hear, "Hey Mom, guess what!" really loudly. A little too loudly. I spin around to see that he has the curtain ALL the way open, hollering loud enough to get the attention of the sales ladies and all those men. Yes, my friends, there I was in my unmentionables, the size of Rhode Island, and 13 strangers are staring at me.
I shreiked, grabbed the little booger by the neck, yanked him into the cubicle with me, and slammed the curtain shut. I quickly gathered up my things and slunk out of the store without making eye contact with anyone. I can only imagine what those men were laughing about as I made my hasty retreat. I now have to steer clear of that store, as well as a good portion of White Plains, just in case. Thanks Miles.

IMG_4379

8 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

Hilarious! Good story.

9/09/2008 12:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, but look at that sweet face.

9/09/2008 1:42 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh no! So I guess you didn't get anything new to wear? Darn!
Les.

9/09/2008 6:28 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Wait...there's a store you can shop where there's a play area in the middle and I HAVEN'T heard about this yet??

Sorry you had to flee right then and there.

9/10/2008 2:18 PM  
Blogger kj said...

Oh, wow. That's a really memorable experience...in a bad way. He is so so so adorable, it's almost hard to believe these stories about him. Can we adopt him? Will would love to have an acoomplice.

9/10/2008 11:16 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

That is super funny!! Seriously.

9/11/2008 2:52 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

oh that's bad.

9/12/2008 2:16 PM  
Blogger The Fowers said...

Oh, pregnant in your unders. A sight to behold. That store is so clued in on how to make people comfortable trying on clothes - IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STORE!!

9/14/2008 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home