Sunday, August 24, 2008

Three!

After convincing Jake that his children had forgotten what he looked like, we dragged him along with us on our last really big adventure of the summer. We traveled (and I do mean traveled) to the center of New Jersey to spend the day at the Land of Make Believe. Part carnival, part waterpark, throw in a small petting zoo, a train, and a creepy Santa House, and it was a full day of fun.

IMG_7421

Lucy was spouting memorable quotes all day. "This really is the land of make believe!" "This is the best day of my whole life!" "Landon, this is so much fun, I could just die!"

IMG_7437

After waiting for just a few moments, we got a chance to ride a little train (powered by an old tractor engine) around the whole park to check out all the activities. We were all very excited to be on the train.

IMG_7445

Some were more excited than others...

IMG_7440

but nobody enjoyed it more than Miles. He could hardly contain himself when the old conductor let him touch the engine and then pull the whistle afterwards!

IMG_7441

Some of the rides were scarier than others. Lucy was all smiles until this thing actually started. I was just sure she was going to vomit or wet her pants, but she managed to hold it together. I wish I had a photo of her face during the falling, but I was laughing too hard to focus.

IMG_7447

It took all of us collectively to convince Tate to go on this, but he finally came up with enough bravery to get on. Opening his eyes was a little too much to ask though. Afterwards, I asked him if he had fun. "Oh yeah!" "Do you want to ride again?" "No!"

IMG_7452

IMG_7455

One thing I love about this place, is Miles was big enough to ride almost everything. He had a blast.

IMG_7457

For a breather, we sat down to watch a play, but soon found out that the cast consisted of audience members. They latched onto Jake right away and made him the king, while Lucy got to be a princess. I swear, those two should just quit their day jobs and become actors.

IMG_7468

While I didn't get any pictures of the water part (for fear of ruining the camera), we spent the entire second half of the day swimming, sliding, lazing down the river, and eating ice cream. We all had so much fun, smelled really bad, needed a nap, and enjoyed a day with Dad and friends.

IMG_7466

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Which adult was reading the "For your Saftey" pamphlet? Hmmm could it have been....

8/25/2008 1:11 AM  
Blogger Shido said...

Jake, that reminds me of your "King of Tarts" rendition in Alice in Wonderland at Carson.

"Who stole the tarts? Who stole the tarts?"

Seriously though, you guys make the rest of us parents look bad.

8/25/2008 2:13 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Hail King Jake!
Les.

8/25/2008 11:53 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

it was a fun day, glad that Jake could make it. Too bad we could have captured lucy's face.

8/26/2008 1:04 PM  
Blogger The Skousen's said...

WOOOOOWEEEE! That place seems like Bliss. I have never even met Lucy and I already know we would be Best Friends. I love all of her "pure enjoyment" pictures.

8/26/2008 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home