Why don't I have a nice photo of my kids?
My mom's been requesting a nice frame-able picture of my kids for some time. There's a reason I don't take them to a photographer. It's the same reason I don't take my minivan into the mechanic and demand he make it handle like a BMW, or I don't go into the hairstylist and say "give me hair like Jenny McCarthy." If I asked for a decent photo of my kids, the photographer would spend an hour with them and tell me "Sorry, they just don't do that!"
I can't even get them to all look non-alien at the same time for me when it's FREE!





It's not that they're not cute or that I can't get them to look fine one at a time, it's the all at the same time part that's killing me.
However, we did have quite a fun time at the park trying. They got bored of smiling though, and wanted to run "super fast".



Poor Miles likes to run but sometimes collapses in a heap for no apparent reason. If you ask him about it, he'll tell you, "I'm dead."

This happens fairly often.


Apparently, it's contagious.

So, no Mom, I don't have a good picture for you. Maybe you can get Jake to draw one.
I can't even get them to all look non-alien at the same time for me when it's FREE!





It's not that they're not cute or that I can't get them to look fine one at a time, it's the all at the same time part that's killing me.
However, we did have quite a fun time at the park trying. They got bored of smiling though, and wanted to run "super fast".



Poor Miles likes to run but sometimes collapses in a heap for no apparent reason. If you ask him about it, he'll tell you, "I'm dead."

This happens fairly often.


Apparently, it's contagious.

So, no Mom, I don't have a good picture for you. Maybe you can get Jake to draw one.


6 Comments:
At least they're still cute! Family pictures seem to always have one uncooperative kid...it looks like Miles is that one for you-that's how Abi is-either they won't look at the camera, they cry, they make funny faces, put their hands in front of their faces, there's always something!
Your kids are normal. They are supposed to give you grief. That's WHY you hire a professional. They know tricks!
I think the best family picture is when a child portrays his personality. A little goofy is always good. And I thought your pictures came out really cute!
Seriously, they would do way better for someone else than they do for you. And Photoshop is amazing.
Les.
I like them- it shows personality.
I love these, though!! And Miles is laid out...like he's playing a game of "Dead Fish." Steve and I still talk about "Dead Fish," wistfully hoping we can teach it to Ollie.
Post a Comment
<< Home