The Mom who cried "wolf"
So, with every other kid, I always made a "fake" trip to the hospital. Tate, I was in labor too early so they gave me a shot and sent me home. Lucy, I was not progressing so they sent me home. Miles, labor would stop and then start, then it would stop again, so they sent me home.
This is way up there on my list of things I can't stand: leaving the hospital with a big fat baby still in there!
Well, on Friday night I got my first (yep, first) fake trip out of the way for Pablo. My doctor was concerned enough to make me go in and hang out on a monitor for a while, but of course, they sent me home.
Today was my second fake trip for Pablo. At my regular appointment early this morning, my doctor wanted some tests done to see if I needed to be induced so he sent me back to the hospital. I got to spend the day there, waiting, and waiting, and waiting.
You know what there is to do in a hospital room all day by yourself with no book?
That's right, nothing! I tried watching t.v. but after months and months of no t.v. in our house, I found it so idiotic, I wanted to rip my brain out and hurl it at the screen. I finally turned it off and stared out the window at the brick wall.
It turns out, the machine that runs the labs was being fixed and that's what we were waiting for. I asked if I could please just go home and wait in my own bed and my doctor said I could leave. So, now I'm waiting and waiting and waiting, but it doesn't smell like a hospital here, the bed's not too short for me, I have my own clothes on, and I don't have to watch t.v.!!!
I now have a very good idea of what I want in a hospital bag. Let's hope I get to use it next time!
This is way up there on my list of things I can't stand: leaving the hospital with a big fat baby still in there!
Well, on Friday night I got my first (yep, first) fake trip out of the way for Pablo. My doctor was concerned enough to make me go in and hang out on a monitor for a while, but of course, they sent me home.
Today was my second fake trip for Pablo. At my regular appointment early this morning, my doctor wanted some tests done to see if I needed to be induced so he sent me back to the hospital. I got to spend the day there, waiting, and waiting, and waiting.
You know what there is to do in a hospital room all day by yourself with no book?
That's right, nothing! I tried watching t.v. but after months and months of no t.v. in our house, I found it so idiotic, I wanted to rip my brain out and hurl it at the screen. I finally turned it off and stared out the window at the brick wall.
It turns out, the machine that runs the labs was being fixed and that's what we were waiting for. I asked if I could please just go home and wait in my own bed and my doctor said I could leave. So, now I'm waiting and waiting and waiting, but it doesn't smell like a hospital here, the bed's not too short for me, I have my own clothes on, and I don't have to watch t.v.!!!
I now have a very good idea of what I want in a hospital bag. Let's hope I get to use it next time!


8 Comments:
Good luck! Most of all I hope you feel better. It's miserable enough to be 38 weeks pregnant. Having extra issues really stinks! Love you.
Les
I hope to see that new little boy soon! Too bad we weren't closer I would offer to watch your kids.
I am so sorry that you had to hang out there all day. Uh, no fun. Next time call me and I can drop off food, books, whatever. Hopefully Pablo will make his debut soon enough and the pains will cease. Good luck!
I feel so thankful to get to see your blog! Love looking at all your beautiful faces!!! Now I just need to see a pic of your fabulous baby bump!!! Everyone looks so grown up. Ah, lets just stop time for a while....well maybe after baby 4 gets here!
Forgot to tell you.....there have been many times I've thought of you and your potty training exploits with Tate. When you get the chance, read my blog post titled "Moments" and you will find that you have a kindred spirit with horrible poop incidents! NOT pretty!
Good luck Al!!!!!!
Can't wait to see the little bugger.
Come on, Pablo!!!
You really must name him Pablo. Really! Pablo Parker has a great ring to it.
Post a Comment
<< Home