Friday, November 14, 2008

Thankful #5

Today I am very thankful for online shopping. I know this may sound like I am kidding or desperate for something to be thankful for, but I really really am.

I needed a baby bouncer but couldn't find one I liked at Target, and since I am unwilling to walk around Babysrus for 3 hours or drive more than 30 minutes to another Target, I found one online. It came to my front door in a lovely box, Tate carried it in, and Miles and I assembled it this morning.

IMG_7769
(the babydoll, blanket, and bottle were his doing.)

Last week, I discovered Tate's need for long sleeve shirts that actually fit his long monkey arms. I spent a disgusting amount of time on Saturday dragging three kids through the mall only to find NOTHING except some dirty looks from strangers when Lucy and Tate decided to play tag around the clearance rack in a kids' store.

We came home, turned on the computer and "shopped" together. Within 10 minutes, we had picked out, discussed, and paid for 6 new shirts including the elusive white Sunday shirt. Afterward, Tate declared, "This was the funnest shopping trip EVER!"

No fuss, no lost kids in a store while I'm paged over the intercom to come get them from the customer service desk, no getting in and out of the car in the rain, no Lucy tripping over table legs and whacking her head, hip, and knee in one fall, no Miles running face first into a metal bar holding sweatshirts, no having to sit down on a display of diapers because I'm not feeling well (has happened more times than I care to count during this pregnancy), and no miles on my car (or gasoline for that matter.)

I LOVE technology.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

We love it too. That is how all our Christmas shopping was done this year.

11/16/2008 3:10 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Where is this monkey-arm website you speak of? I know someone with monkey-arms. Not me. Just a friend. Ahem.
Actually, we don't worry about long sleeved shirts here. That would solve your problem, too. Oh, except for Sunday shirts.
Les.

11/16/2008 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home