Things I am grateful for today
It's a snow day.
No school.
Again.
Nonetheless, I am very grateful for two things:
1. I don't have to pick up kids from school in a blizzard. We can stay inside all day and eat s'mores until we explode. I might even try redeeming myself in an Uno rematch.
2. I am grateful to whatever tree gave up a branch sturdy enough to knock down the power lines supplying BlueSky Studios. Jake gets a snow day too! While he won't be S'moreing and Unoing with us, at least he gets an extra free day to work on Missile Mouse before Penelope comes! Plus, I don't have to worry all day about him sliding to his death on the icy roads.
Thank you, tree.
No school.
Again.
Nonetheless, I am very grateful for two things:
1. I don't have to pick up kids from school in a blizzard. We can stay inside all day and eat s'mores until we explode. I might even try redeeming myself in an Uno rematch.
2. I am grateful to whatever tree gave up a branch sturdy enough to knock down the power lines supplying BlueSky Studios. Jake gets a snow day too! While he won't be S'moreing and Unoing with us, at least he gets an extra free day to work on Missile Mouse before Penelope comes! Plus, I don't have to worry all day about him sliding to his death on the icy roads.
Thank you, tree.


3 Comments:
i love snow days. i have an excuse to stay indoors and do nothing!
Awesome. I was going to send you a picture of Hattie's baby crawling around our front yard in his diaper yesterday, but I didn't want to brag too much. I know, I know...remind me in July. ;)
I can really relate to the wife worries about husbands driving in snowy weather. It's one of those insane fears of mine. So glad Jake got to stay home with you today :)
Post a Comment
<< Home