Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Getting out while we can...

IMG_1009

On an uncommonly warm day (39 degrees! Woo hoo!) last week, we headed to the park to soak up the sun.

IMG_0985

Well, it was still too cold to go without gloves, coats, and scarves, so our faces soaked up the sun.

IMG_1013

IMG_0989

Calvin was home sleeping while Jake worked in the basement, so I actually got to take a few pictures and enjoy watching the kids get their energy out.

IMG_0969

Tate found a new love:

IMG_0970

tetherball!

IMG_0964

Our friend, Brother Turley, played with him until Tate had had his fill.

IMG_0967

Then the saintly man played tag with all his kids and mine while I sat on a bench.

IMG_1041

They screamed

IMG_1043

and chased each other all over the equipment for over an hour.

IMG_1045

I love watching them get exercise,

IMG_1027

but even more than that,

IMG_1059

I love how well they all slept that night!

IMG_1063

I'm looking forward to many more park days when the weather gets better.

IMG_1067

Seeing as we're supposed to get 12 inches tonight, I'm betting tomorrow won't be one of those days.

5 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

wow, I can't even imagine weather like that! We just drove to Mt. Graham to get a "taste" of winter!

2/09/2010 10:44 AM  
Blogger Marilee said...

I can never figure how to reply to comments so I'll reply on your comment page....We did wait for all the credits and made Drew look for Jake's name. When he saw it he said, "There he is! There he is!" It was very exciting for him.

2/09/2010 3:53 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Ditto to the sleeping well...and especially falling asleep well part.

2/09/2010 10:55 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Gorgeous pictures.
Why is it 8-9 year old boys always get holes in their jeans?

2/10/2010 8:48 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

You need to post pictures of the storm - sounds like you're getting more soon :(

2/10/2010 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home