Fireworks, Sugar Cookies, and Mosquitos - Yee-ha!

Anyone who knows me very well knows how much I love fireworks. Any occasion that is celebrated with exploding things and food - woo hoo! I'm there! We went on Saturday to the Greenwich firework display and had a fantastic time. I brought a picnic dinner of homemade fried chicken, red white and blue fruit salad, and star shaped sugar cookies (from SCRATCH, mom!) just in case Martha Stewart showed up. She didn't, but I handed out about 35 sugar cookies to friends and ward members, so it was worth the effort. Lucy downed about 10 of them. Well, she licked the frosting off 10 of them and then handed each squeaky clean cookie carcass to her daddy.

Miles ate his weight in grass and bugs and will not need any additional fiber for a week.

The fireworks were the best I've ever seen, EVER! EVER! I highly recommend that weekend to visit us next year. Maybe Martha will even come.


2 Comments:
It seems like just yesterday that we were celebrating the 4th at your house! You sound like you had more fun there than we did sitting in our van's trunk in some parking lot. Make room for us next year. Martha or no Martha.
-Tan
Ever since your trip I can't get enough of your kiddo's. They look great in their red white and blue.
Post a Comment
<< Home