Brownies are BAD!!!
They say there's no such thing as a bad food, only "sometimes foods". I disagree. Brownies are a very bad food. Sunday is our treat day and my kids take turns picking what the treat of the week will be. Tate's turn is today and I just knew what his choice would be. It's the same thing every time. Girradehli's triple chocolate chip brownies. Now, most sweets I can eat just a little and then turn over the rest of it to my family. As long as I don't see it again, I can resist, even if I know there's more in the house waiting to go to work with Jake tomorrow. Not brownies. If I think there's even a possibility that one tiny crumb remains, I will scour this house from top to bottom like a bloodhound in the Ozarks tracking down a fox. My sniffer goes into overdrive and I cannot be deterred, my mouth watering, my stomach growling. As soon as I find my prey, I cannot stop at just one. Or two. Or three. I will devour each and every fat and sugar filled crumb until the pan is clean. I don't even feel that much remorse. I just float in my brownie stupor until the sugar wears off and I realize I gained 3 pounds in 15 minutes. Brownies are a very bad food.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home