Monday, July 16, 2007

We just can't get enough of the beach!

I know our summer posts sound like a broken record, "went to the beach. . . went to the beach. . . went to the beach", but we really love the ocean. We went back to Grandma's house last weekend and as a huge added bonus, my mom and dad and Claire were there! We got to see them for most of Saturday and had fun playing outside. Lucy wanted to be buried with Claire (Tate's idea in the first place. Covering your aunt in sand? What 6 year old wouldn't love that?!)
IMG_4151

Lucy had a much easier time getting out so she lent a hand. The rest of us less-charitable souls threw water at her while she was stuck.
IMG_4155

Lucy wasn't too keen on rinsing in the ocean, but Daddy "convinced" her.
IMG_4164

Tate found many lovely creatures like this while digging for hours.
IMG_4128

By the end of the day he had an aroma similar to that of a dead fish.
IMG_4138

"Show me your muscles!"
IMG_4144

7 Comments:

Blogger The Blakes said...

As always, I am wishing we were a hop, skip, and a jump away from you and your beautiful surroundings!

Oh, I think we are going to Safford this weekend for the Pioneer Day festivities. Hopefully we'll see your parents!

7/16/2007 2:48 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

that is an amazing picture with the crab. I am glad your kids are brave because I don't really want to have to touch one.

7/16/2007 4:46 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I use the "show me your muscles" on Landon when he gets a bonk and looks at me with a look like, "I can't decide if that hurt enough to cry, or if I should just keep playing". I get a laugh out of him every time.....thanks for that.

**Also, Nate wants Jake to know he was blinded by the picture of him without a shirt on!

7/17/2007 1:12 AM  
Blogger Darleen said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Lucky your grandma lives so close. Crazy crab.

7/17/2007 1:37 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Great crab picture! And the one of the wildlife is good, too. :) Jake is a good convincer. Helps that he has such big muscles.

(I hope you got all that. I think it would work better if we were sitting at the kitchen table flipping through photos together. But this is way better than nothing!)
Love you guys,
Les.

7/17/2007 10:50 AM  
Blogger Clinesville said...

Jake looks like he's lost weight!

7/17/2007 12:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I started doing that one thing where you run around a big loop and get all sweaty. And I stopped doing that other thing where you put these smaller tastier loops in your mouth. You know, the kind with frosting and sprinkles. I'm glad it's starting shows a little bit.
-Jake

7/18/2007 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home