Oh no! It's coming!!!
I know that all good things must end. I know that the seasons are all beautiful. I know that without winter, I wouldn't love summer so much, that we cannot know joy if we do not know sorrow. I'm just not quite ready for the sorrow. I saw my first changing tree today and visions of snow, sleet, and slush danced in my head. I saw muddy boots, soggy bottoms, slush in my mudroom, icicles hanging from cars, and a very cold toy room. I'm going to bury my head in the sand. Denial seems the best option here, so we will continue to go to the beach and eat popsicles until hypothermia sets in.


7 Comments:
I am looking forward to cooler weather! It is actually getting below 115 and I can feel fall coming! YIPPEE!!!
At least we can be in denial together. And I will see you at the beach tomorrow?
(should I say it again? yes, I must.)
You can always come back to Texas. The house next door is for sale.
Britt says you have a big belly button.
Les.
Oh wow--I haven't thought about all the cold things of winter. Now I'm really sad that summer is leaving.
HE does have a big belly button. I was going to say that Miley is getting to be a big boy instead of a toddler or baby. Wow he looks like a surfer dude. He needs to get out of his dad's shadow though.
I don't really have that big of a belly button. It's the lighting. It's bad lighting for belly pictures.
Post a Comment
<< Home