Build-a-Bear guilt free! What could be better?

She always asks and every time we pas the Build-a-Bear workshop in the mall, I say, "No". It's too expensive for a stuffed animal, experience or no experience. (yes, I also answer to Ebenezer Scrooge)
Well, Lucy's fantastic grandma, "Nana", sent her some birthday money. Lucy was all set to go to a toy store, until we happened to be walking through the mall and she yelled (yelled so all the other mall-goers had the opportunity to watch our little exchange and think I'm one of those mothers who does whatever my four year old tells me to), "No! I want to go there!" I happily escorted her in there and we had a lovely time picking the carcass, stuffing it,

washing it, brushing it,

buying panties with a hole in the back for the tail,

and buying a fairy outfit for it, complete with wings. I would have said "no" to the kitty (the boring brown bear is cheaper), the panties (can't we just cut a hole in a pair of yours, Lucy?), and the outfit had I been buying it. Since it was Lucy's money, though, she got everything exactly how she wanted it and had a fantastic time. Thanks Nana!
(I had to document this for my mother in law, but some of those same mothers who believed me to be controlled by my toddler saw me taking pictures of her building this thing and I saw some eye-rollin' going on.)


7 Comments:
She's such a cutie! Happy Birthday Lucy!
I have been lucky enough that my two darling girls also did build a bear on someone else's dime. Birthday parties! They have had their bears for about a year and still love to play with them and dress and undress them. Fun stuff!
We did a build a bear for Parker before he was born. Grandma Anderson sent money and so we bought the cheapest bear and it didn't even have clothes because we didn't have enough. We should have just bought something else, but the bear was really cute.
And I just had to laugh at the pink kitty. It is kind of cute in a funny way. But it was her money.
She looks quite satisfied with her experience~
That is one girl that knows how to spend her money wisely!
Kaisa went to Build a Bear for her birthday this year instead of spending the money on a party. (I'm a scrooge, too.) She still loves that bear. I think there's something to the whole carcass-to-panties-to-birth certificate process.
I love that Lucy!
Post a Comment
<< Home