Sunday, January 13, 2008

We're still here

I know I didn't follow up right away with updates on Lucy or anything else. I've been mustering the energy to think about it all at once.
Lucy is okay. She has. . . (how do I say this without all the details that will humiliate her later in life when her brothers get a hold of the family journal?). . . problems. She has reflux into one of her kidneys, some scar tissue there that's permanent, problems with her. . . digestion, and recurring infections that have us (myself and several doctors) stumped as to how to fix them. She's on antibiotics for now, as well as several courses of treatment for her other various ailments. We go back in a month to see if it has helped, and if not, they are talking about a minor surgery that would (maybe) temporarily stop the reflux until she maybe grows out of it. So, basically, maybe surgery in a month, maybe in a year and a half, or maybe never. I vote never, but we'll see. Also, she has two cavities (grrr!) and most likely has to get her front tooth pulled because of when she whacked it on Christmas Eve (more grrrr!) I don't think I can put one four year old girl through all of that, so I've been in hiding and denial.
Meanwhile, everyone else is fine. We're all still here, we're safe,we're happy, and on occasion, wildly unattractive:
IMG_2869

IMG_2781

IMG_2882

IMG_2865

IMG_2815

IMG_2864

15 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

That's a nice picture of you, actually! The others...um...yeah.
Sorry to hear about Lucy's fun. Maybe she'll grow out of most of it. Call if you wanna vent.
Les.

1/13/2008 10:36 PM  
Blogger Ryan and Tawnee said...

Hi- My name is Tawnee (Blanch) Johnson- I was friends with Jacob in Jr. High and High School...anyway my husband and I are moving to Connecticut from Texas in May and I wanted to get in touch with ya'll and ask some questions...here is my email if you don't mind emailing- lanihuli35@yahoo.com

Thank-oh and your kids are hilarious! I have had fun reading your blog and your writings are a crack up. No wonder your kids are funny- funny mom- crazy dad- they had no chance to be boring!

1/13/2008 11:56 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Poor Lucy! I'm sorry you are dealing with this, too. We'll keep ya'll in our prayers and hopefully there will be an answer that makes everyone happy and healthy.

In the meantime, those are some hot pics!

1/14/2008 7:12 AM  
Blogger Hillary said...

Poor Lucy, I can't believe all that stuff, that's a lot for one little 4 year old to deal with all at once. Good luck-let me know if you need anything.

Also, those are some awesome pics of your family!

1/14/2008 7:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Alison...a lot. 'Preciate ya. (Note to self: check the computer periodically for unfavorable pictures, then DELETE them.)

And Tawnee, wow, surprised to see you on here! Alison will give you the complete 411 of Connecticut life. You'll love it...except some people don't like the winters too much, I'm not saying who...but I will say that my wife came home Saturday with a couple swimming suits she bought for Lucy. You can never be too ready for summer, especially in January.

1/14/2008 10:35 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

What are talking about??? That is the darned good lookingest crowd I've ever seen!!

Sorry Lucy!! I have a friend with a daughter with the same problem. Let me know if you want to get in touch. I know she has had either one or two surgeries and I think they helped some. I hope everything can get worked out on it's own!!!

1/14/2008 10:42 AM  
Blogger The Blakes said...

The pictures are so...fitting? Glad to hear Lucy's doing better and we'll cross our fingers that all of her ailments mysteriously disappear!

1/14/2008 4:11 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I am with Rachel on the mysteriously disappearing act...we will say our prayers..and if they don't disappear, we will say our prayers for the best. She is a sweet girl and doesn't need to go through all that...You are a great mom, too! You are all lucky to have each other and always take the most flattering pictures ever!

1/14/2008 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the contrary! I think you are all INCREDIBLY attractive! Especially in these pictures! :D They really are great - you guys are the coolest and my most favorite-est ever! I hope everything works out with Lu. She's lucky to have such a great family to help her along!

P.S. Alison, remember how you and I had that talk about me doing freelance? Yeah... keep that in mind. Call me anytime.

1/14/2008 7:29 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

At least your life leads an exciting side. cute pics.

1/14/2008 10:29 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

your blog inspired me to create one for us...check us out!

keenesandco.blogspot.com

1/15/2008 3:37 PM  
Blogger Darleen said...

At least there is still a lot of humor going on over there! Lucy looks like she is still her same silly self. PLEASE let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help. You know how I LOVE to help. She's a cutie--hang in there.

1/15/2008 9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you look pretty, Al!

1/16/2008 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS...Henry's taken!

1/16/2008 5:39 PM  
Blogger The Fowers said...

Hey, those picture look better than I look on ANY given day! Note the large response to ugly pictures... maybe I'll have to stick more pictures of the parents on our blog... Good to talk to you the other day!

1/17/2008 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home