Oh, how I love my friends!
I've been trying for some time to encourage Tate to find good friends. Not friends who really like him, but friends who will encourage him to do good and be good.
I was out with two wonderful girlfriends tonight on one of our spontaneous "let's go see a movie right now" adventures. We picked a movie that sounded like a real feel-good flick. It looked cute and harmless and we didn't know that much about it.
By the middle, I was horribly uncomfortable and trying to think up a way to tell these two women that I wanted to leave. I hate to say how much I underestimated them, but I was afraid they would think me a "nerd" for lack of a better word. Just when I couldn't stand it anymore, Laura leaned over to me and said, "I'm ready to go if you are." I LOVE her! So we climbed over people and blocked their view, but we all ran out and felt much better. I don't know about them, but I'm so happy to have friends who are brave enough to say "when". We laughed all the way home and somewhere along the way, somebody said, "You just have to think: How much is it worth, not to have that horrible feeling inside?"
I just wanted to remember in our family "journal" why it's important to find good friends and stick to them!
I was out with two wonderful girlfriends tonight on one of our spontaneous "let's go see a movie right now" adventures. We picked a movie that sounded like a real feel-good flick. It looked cute and harmless and we didn't know that much about it.
By the middle, I was horribly uncomfortable and trying to think up a way to tell these two women that I wanted to leave. I hate to say how much I underestimated them, but I was afraid they would think me a "nerd" for lack of a better word. Just when I couldn't stand it anymore, Laura leaned over to me and said, "I'm ready to go if you are." I LOVE her! So we climbed over people and blocked their view, but we all ran out and felt much better. I don't know about them, but I'm so happy to have friends who are brave enough to say "when". We laughed all the way home and somewhere along the way, somebody said, "You just have to think: How much is it worth, not to have that horrible feeling inside?"
I just wanted to remember in our family "journal" why it's important to find good friends and stick to them!


3 Comments:
Yes, good friends are definitely priceless. And I hope it wasn't my movie recommendation that led you all astray!
What a perfect family journal entry. I love your friends, too!
Les.
That's too bad! It looked like such a good movie. Guess I made tthe better choice and stayed with my fam!
Post a Comment
<< Home