Sunday, July 27, 2008

One Bummer of a Tag Sale

IMG_4293

Our annual neighborhood tag sale was a few weeks ago. I had a garage full of "good junk", a shady spot to sit, and high high hopes. I still have a garage full of apparently not-as-good-as-I-thought junk, my shady spot was overrun by sweaty kids (and brothers), and my hopes for a full cash box were sent crashing.
Miley spent the day stealing stuff from the next door neighbor's driveway and snitching cookies from Tate and Lucy's lemonade stand.
IMG_4260

They were by far the most successful on this less than profitable day,

IMG_4254

but that didn't keep them from fighting occasionally. I tried to tell them nobody wants to buy cookies from Atila the Hun, but that didn't stop them.

IMG_4253

The day wasn't a total loss. Tate and Lucy each made $11 dollars after expenses (yes, I made them pay for supplies!) and tithing,

IMG_4274

and we bought these very useful and very stylin' goggles from Katherine. I guess it was worth it when I realize we got to spend a whole day talking with our friends, eating overpriced cookies, and drinking warm lemonade.

IMG_4290

6 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

When are you due? You look so good.

I love that you made the kids pay for supplies!

7/27/2008 8:45 PM  
Blogger The Skousen's said...

Sounds like fun, I love the drawing of their faces. Did I fail to mention that I loath pregnant women you are skinny all over except for this perfect little basketball bulge for a belly?!!! Not Fair AGAIN!!!

7/28/2008 5:15 PM  
Blogger The Skousen's said...

Kami does not have a blog. She refuses to join the cool kids club. Refuses!!! I try to help her see the light but it's just no good. I just remembered that the drawing of the faces looks so dang cute because your husband makes cartoons for a living. DUH!!!

7/29/2008 4:25 PM  
Blogger The Fowers said...

Sorry about your disappointing returns, but at least you had fun doing it! I don't know WHY you would be getting rid of those goggles... When is this baby coming???

7/30/2008 11:32 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Love the cookies and lemonade stand (esp the sign). Sorry we weren't there to buy some :)

8/02/2008 8:44 PM  
Blogger Claire Mills said...

haha i like that picture of tate his teeth kind of make him look like a vampire

8/04/2008 1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home