Creating my own gravitational pull
You know how really really large objects, like planets, have their own gravitational pull? Well, it seems I have finally achieved that size.

No matter where I'm sitting, someone wants to sit on me. Not by me, on me.
Tonight, however, I didn't mind. Miles climbed up on me after bath and I softly told him a story until he passed out.

Tate jumped in right away to claim my attention, and he spent the next half hour reading his new book to me.

Lucy was too busy showing off her artwork, but still, she stayed within 3 feet of me the whole time until bed.

So, even though I can't breathe or eat or sleep, even though I'm too swollen to wear any of my shoes or pants or rings, even though I can't stand for more than 20 seconds at a time, and even though 2 people at school said, "I think you got bigger since yesterday.", I love my new planet status.

No matter where I'm sitting, someone wants to sit on me. Not by me, on me.
Tonight, however, I didn't mind. Miles climbed up on me after bath and I softly told him a story until he passed out.

Tate jumped in right away to claim my attention, and he spent the next half hour reading his new book to me.

Lucy was too busy showing off her artwork, but still, she stayed within 3 feet of me the whole time until bed.

So, even though I can't breathe or eat or sleep, even though I'm too swollen to wear any of my shoes or pants or rings, even though I can't stand for more than 20 seconds at a time, and even though 2 people at school said, "I think you got bigger since yesterday.", I love my new planet status.


5 Comments:
You're way better than Pluto. You have great kids. You're a great mom. I wanna come visit so I can be near you, too.
Les.
I know we're not friends right now...not until your baby comes out...but I wanted to sympathize with you about hating TV. I was excited to be discharged today because I had already finished a book, hated the TV, and was ready for my own living quarters. It's good to be home. Since my room opened up at the hospital, why don't you take your turn now!
I love your belly and we are so excited for you guys! We are looking forward to pictures of this new little guy.
Al - you look beautiful. Really.
You look fabulous...I know you probably don't feel it, you really do look it! You have cute kids...I can't wait to see the next little monkey! Come out already!
Post a Comment
<< Home