Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Sweetest Little Monkey

IMG_6285

One fun thing about having a baby in the house is the baby monitor. Jake and I were standing in the kitchen this afternoon, and we overheard Lucy in deep conversation with her dollies upstairs. It's fun to hear what she's thinking when she doesn't know anyone is listening.

IMG_6282

We heard all about her boyfriend, Landon. We giggled a bit about this.
Then we heard something that warmed my heart. She started explaining baptism to her favorite little friends. She told of repentance, being washed clean, and most important, how you have to go ALL the way under the water. She also told them of the love Jesus has for her. I tell you, I just wanted to squeeze her. She has such a good heart.

IMG_6283

She also expressed great disgust in the current weather conditions. "But don't worry. Spring is coming soon. . . I hope." (Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.)

IMG_6280

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I know this will sound silly, but these photos are beautiful! Seriously. They are crisp and bright and I love that they show lucy's personality.

3/22/2009 8:57 PM  
Blogger anna said...

She is so cute! She definitely seems to have her mother's personality!

3/23/2009 2:00 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

What a sweet story.

3/23/2009 8:42 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

She is a sweet girl!

3/23/2009 10:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to squeeze her myself.

3/23/2009 11:43 AM  
Blogger Darleen said...

I was just thinking at church last Sunday as Lucy sat reverently in her chair how sweet and tender hearted she is.

3/24/2009 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home