Blog? What blog?
So, journaling has taken a backseat to real life lately. Not anything fantastically exciting, but also not anything horrifically awful either.
Our home has been gripped in reptile mania as Tate prepared his research project on the Marine Iguana.

We now know more about this ugly creature than I care to, but he got an A+ and had a great time.
Miles has been counting down the minutes until our "big race" this weekend. We were challenged to a pinewood derby at a friend's, and he has asked every 1/2 hour, "Okay Mom, it's 2 o'clock! Is it time for the race?" Picture this happening for 3 weeks straight.

Lots of fun. Our cars will most likely be the slowest, but they're pretty. I would show pictures, but I don't want to tip off the competition before tonight.
Miss Lucy has been learning to be a big help around the house. She even requested a chance to do the dishes.

Seriously, I don't know where she came from, but I'll take her any day.

Jake's still hiding out in his "cave". Not many people can say their husband was up until 1 every night "coloring". I can. He does emerge every few days to eat, shower, and hug a kid or two.

We can't wait until this book is done!
Calvin is slowly losing his fantastic hair. Actually, there's nothing slow about it. Last week he had it, this week he resembles my old landlord. Nothing much but a greasy comb-over.
All he has left is the mohawk, so I'm thinking of cutting it. (eek!)

Other than the hair loss, he's still happy and getting entirely too much love from everyone. Especially Miles.

As for me, well, I'm 14 days into my month of no sweets. So far I haven't killed anyone, but there have been a few close calls. I'm trying to lose some leftover padding from Calvin before I have to venture into my bucket of Summer Clothes in 3 weeks. Miles works out with me every morning and Karen (next door) walks with me every night. So far, so good. My secret: stock the cookie jar with cookies I don't like.

The kids get a treat every once in a while and I don't have to smell homemade cookies.
Oh, and notice my new trick! I learned to make pesto yesterday. I've always been a little afraid. I love to eat it, but making it has always seemed so scary, like braising a chicken or fly-fishing. Well, turns out it's not hard at all. I guess I'm going fly-fishing this weekend.
Our home has been gripped in reptile mania as Tate prepared his research project on the Marine Iguana.

We now know more about this ugly creature than I care to, but he got an A+ and had a great time.
Miles has been counting down the minutes until our "big race" this weekend. We were challenged to a pinewood derby at a friend's, and he has asked every 1/2 hour, "Okay Mom, it's 2 o'clock! Is it time for the race?" Picture this happening for 3 weeks straight.

Lots of fun. Our cars will most likely be the slowest, but they're pretty. I would show pictures, but I don't want to tip off the competition before tonight.
Miss Lucy has been learning to be a big help around the house. She even requested a chance to do the dishes.

Seriously, I don't know where she came from, but I'll take her any day.

Jake's still hiding out in his "cave". Not many people can say their husband was up until 1 every night "coloring". I can. He does emerge every few days to eat, shower, and hug a kid or two.

We can't wait until this book is done!
Calvin is slowly losing his fantastic hair. Actually, there's nothing slow about it. Last week he had it, this week he resembles my old landlord. Nothing much but a greasy comb-over.
All he has left is the mohawk, so I'm thinking of cutting it. (eek!)

Other than the hair loss, he's still happy and getting entirely too much love from everyone. Especially Miles.

As for me, well, I'm 14 days into my month of no sweets. So far I haven't killed anyone, but there have been a few close calls. I'm trying to lose some leftover padding from Calvin before I have to venture into my bucket of Summer Clothes in 3 weeks. Miles works out with me every morning and Karen (next door) walks with me every night. So far, so good. My secret: stock the cookie jar with cookies I don't like.

The kids get a treat every once in a while and I don't have to smell homemade cookies.
Oh, and notice my new trick! I learned to make pesto yesterday. I've always been a little afraid. I love to eat it, but making it has always seemed so scary, like braising a chicken or fly-fishing. Well, turns out it's not hard at all. I guess I'm going fly-fishing this weekend.


3 Comments:
It sure looks like Jake could use some sun. Get him out of that cave as soon as the book is done...please.
14 days into your challenge. That's impressive! I see your yummy bread in the background.
Calvin looks SO much like Tate in those pictures. So much like his older brother. Very sweet.
Post a Comment
<< Home