Sunday, February 28, 2010

Welcome to Easter Island

IMG_1322

We have a steady stream of slowing passers-by outside.

Again.

IMG_1273

These two brave souls gave up two hours Saturday morning to bring a little spice to the neighborhood.

IMG_1282

Karen was the muscle and Jake the creative genius (*ahem) behind the latest installment of Weird Winter Wonderland in the Parker front yard.

IMG_1283

She packed snow into trash cans, they both hoisted, and then Jake gave it shape.

IMG_1302

The thing ended up about 9 feet tall, and I must say is a little disturbing if you're not expecting to see it.

IMG_1313

Jake hasn't actually worked out in about a year, so if you want real fun,

IMG_1309

come to church tomorrow and watch him shuffle along like Quasimodo. It'll be great.

IMG_1316

Good job, guys! (Oh, and they got interviewed for the local paper, so come get your autograph while you can!)

IMG_1325

8 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

That is great!

2/28/2010 12:15 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Wow! I'm going to have to come by and check it out! And they got interviewed for it?! Awesome.

2/28/2010 3:41 PM  
Blogger kj said...

Greenwich needs more Jakes. I love it!

2/28/2010 9:40 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I may just need to do a drive by. That is seriously awesome!

3/01/2010 3:28 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

so creative.

3/02/2010 8:39 PM  
Blogger Laurie Smith said...

I'm praying for more snow!

3/03/2010 12:13 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

overachiever.

3/04/2010 11:26 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

That is so awesome! I love how cars are slowing down as they pass your house - hilarious!

3/12/2010 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home