Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dacryocele

Well, it's been at least a week without a strange medical problem in the Parker household, so I should have seen this coming.

IMG_1805

Penelope has some problems with the tear duct in her right eye. Not just normal clogged tear duct like we thought at first, but she has a huge nasty infection between her nose and eye because of a second blockage closer to the eye.

In the last 24 hours, we've had the pleasure of a visit to the e.r., the pediatrician, and the pediatric ophthalmologist. After a scream-worthy procedure in the latter, and an insane amount of green drainage, poor Baby P is developing a hearty dislike for doctor's offices.

She's starting Augmentin today as well as new eye drop antibiotics and we have to go in tomorrow and again the next day to see if she'll need surgery on that eye.

Some prayers on her behalf would be appreciated by her mommy.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding!? Seriously, you take the cake, my dear. So glad your parents are there to help right now. And I'm sending many prayers your way. Hopefully no surgery and more sleep!

4/15/2010 1:33 AM  
Blogger Marilee said...

Honestly? You guys have the Guiness Book of World Records in the bag. We'll be saying a few prayers for you guys. Keep us posted!

4/15/2010 7:53 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I'm sorry she has to go through this. I'm sorry you and Jake have to go through it. We'll be praying for you guys.

She is darling.

4/15/2010 9:38 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Poor baby (you guys and her). I hope it clears up with the Aug & drops. (((hugs)))

4/15/2010 12:08 PM  
Blogger The Blakes said...

Bummer. I hope she doesn't have to have surgery - but thank goodness for modern medicine if she does.

4/15/2010 4:05 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

hopefully all goes well. She is a doll.

4/15/2010 8:22 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Poor thing! She's beautiful though... LOTS of prayers headed your way!

4/16/2010 2:06 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Prayers for you guys - all of you - and Penelope and Mirabelle seriously need to cut out the similarities. At least the bad ones. Mirabelle has both tear ducts blocked right now. Not as bad as Miss P, but she's a goopy girl.

4/16/2010 5:54 PM  
Blogger The Cluff's said...

We must be related or something? We will be praying for her and YOU! I bet you are exhausted. All I can say is the craziness makes one heck of a good story! Love you Al!

4/16/2010 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home