Thursday, April 01, 2010

This is it...

Well, this is it!

I'm headed off to the hospital this morning to meet the newest Parker. (I have all the kids convinced there's a possibility of an ultrasound mistake and "she" could really pop out a "he". I'm a very mean mom.)

Bags are packed, mine and the kids'. House is clean. Library books returned. Carseat is in.

I'm all ready.

Well, not quite.

The one thing I'm not at all ready for is making Calvin give up his "spot".

IMG_1482

I'm not ready for him to be a big brother. I'm not ready for him to be a big anything.

IMG_1483

(except a big troublemaker. This kid EATS everything!)

IMG_1477

He's not even 16 months old and already he has to move over. I still want to be able to snuggle him all evening on the couch after the big kids are down. I want to be able to pick him up whenever he wants.

IMG_1515

I want him to know he's got me all to himself whenever he needs me.

IMG_1576

I'm not ready.

Just 10 more minutes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marilee said...

Wait.....is this an April Fool's joke? hahaha
All kidding aside. I'll be sending some good epidural vibes your way and some prayers as well.

4/01/2010 10:15 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

good luck. cant wait to see pictures.

4/01/2010 10:25 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

I know how you feel. Soren was only 16 months when Brody came. I felt the same way. But you know how it is. We adjust and so do they. Calvin will probably make a great big brother. Good luck.

4/01/2010 2:27 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Man he is cute.

4/03/2010 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home