Finally! Some actual athletic talent in the Parker family!
Can you spot the Parker in this photo?

While I admit the volume of pictures in this post may be overwhelming to some, please bear in mind this fact: Due to numerous humiliating childhood, adolescent, and even adult (hello kickball) events, I dared not hope for any amount of athletic prowess to emerge in any of my offspring. That hope was further squashed at a football game while watching in horror as my cherished first-born charged, with a football tucked tightly to his side toward the end zone. . . of the other team. That's right, TWICE now, Tate has managed to run the entire length of the field with the ball and score for the opposing team. But he runs really fast! So be patient (or scroll past) as I record (remember, this is our family's journal) the astounding accomplishments of our sports superstar.

She adores "coach" and tells us all that we have to call him that (he's in our ward) or we'll get in trouble.



While I admit the volume of pictures in this post may be overwhelming to some, please bear in mind this fact: Due to numerous humiliating childhood, adolescent, and even adult (hello kickball) events, I dared not hope for any amount of athletic prowess to emerge in any of my offspring. That hope was further squashed at a football game while watching in horror as my cherished first-born charged, with a football tucked tightly to his side toward the end zone. . . of the other team. That's right, TWICE now, Tate has managed to run the entire length of the field with the ball and score for the opposing team. But he runs really fast! So be patient (or scroll past) as I record (remember, this is our family's journal) the astounding accomplishments of our sports superstar.

She adores "coach" and tells us all that we have to call him that (he's in our ward) or we'll get in trouble.




5 Comments:
Go Lucy!
I'm glad it's the girl in the family!
Although running a football down the field into a touchdown for any team sounds like there is athletic potential there, too!!
She looks like a natural!
Yea for Lucy!! Are you sure that she would be that good if the ball wasn't sparkly pink?
ps thank you for bloging after that disturbing picture it was nice to see Lucy rather than Beauty and the Beast.
Go Lucy! Love the pigtails. They're perfect for soccer. Just don't tell her how Brandi Chastain celebrates her goal scoring. ;)
Les.
That's too cute! Lucy looks like a natural--very good at the ball.
Post a Comment
<< Home