Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Goodbye Cavalier!

IMG_4855
Nobody else would get nearly so sentimental over such a monumental piece of junk, but we wish Jake's car a fond farewell. I bought this car after I test-crashed the other cavalier. We drove it on our honeymoon to California, we brought Tate and Lucy home from the hospital in it, we took it on several camping trips, we used it for many a trunk or treat, and we traveled in it on all of our family vacations. It's visited 20 of the united states, and at least that many auto mechanics. Good bye cavalier. We probably won't miss you, but we have lots of good memories of you!

7 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Oh my gosh! That has been a good car for you...I do remember the first one as well. Too bad they don't make them anymore, you could have replaced this one too.

11/20/2007 9:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whats Jake driving now? A two wheeler?

11/20/2007 11:31 AM  
Blogger Shido said...

Goodbye Cavalier.

I, too, know what it's like to bid farewell to a Cavalier. Funny . . . mine had visited the shop several times before we got rid of her too.

I'm with Hattie: what's Jake driving now? A vespa?

11/20/2007 12:33 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I'm verklempt! Good bye little car. Is this the car Jake drove from CA to TX?
Les.

11/20/2007 12:44 PM  
Blogger The Parkers said...

The one you got a ticket in? Yes. :P

11/20/2007 1:50 PM  
Blogger The Blakes said...

Please don't go test-crashing any other vehicles just to make sure their safe. Leave that to the experts! :)

11/20/2007 4:04 PM  
Blogger Darleen said...

I get very attached to old cars that have lots of good memories. Sorry you had to see it go.

11/21/2007 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home