Storing up future good days . . .
I know I have a really good life, and I also know lots of people have bigger problems than I do, however, I feel it necessary to store up good days for the future. In order to brighten some future day, I will proceed to give an accurate account of today so that when I read this on some future day, it will undoubtedly be brightened by comparison.
(note: Today is not extraordinary. This is my life.)
-I wake up at 7:30. 7:30!!! Holy cow, how is it possible that I slept in?! Turns out, Jake let me sleep because I "looked really tired". I was asleep. Of course I looked tired. How truly horrible must I have looked that he knew this asleep was worse than other morning's asleeps? (thank you Jake)
-While trying to convince Lucy to drink her Airborne/Koolaid coctail (She and Miley and I have a cold), she spills it all over the floor, turning the wood pink.
-I find glob of mystery food in the toy box while searching for cars for Miley.
-Lucy is whining because her "piggies are upside down". . . . !?!?
-While I am putting away the three loads of laundry I just folded, Miles unfolds the remainder and throws it to the far corners of the room.
-While I am vacuuming upstairs, Miles comes into the room with mystery white slime covering his entire body.
-While searching for source of mystery slime, I trip over empty can of Rediwhip on the stairs. EMPTY can.
-I clean Rediwhip off cupboards, floor, door, and refrigerator (that stuff squirts wicked far!) accompanied by Lucy whining that her pants are too loose so you can see the top of her panties.
-I find Miles, naked, riding his scooter bike in the living room.
-I Lysol the scooter bike.
-Miles paints a Peanut Butter Picasso on the dining room table.
-Lucy is whining that she's "boring".
-I eat two chocolate chip cookies to make me feel better.
-Miles brings me an unwrapped stick of butter.
-I hunt for the wrapper.
-Lucy interprets "go put these clothes on Reid's bed" as "Go put them in the bathroom".
-Make that three chocolate chip cookies.
-Miles dumps out all containers on the bottom shelf in the toy room. (crayons, playdoh, guys, cars, pirates, and animals)
-Miles goes down for a nap!!!
-I find Tate's used three-day-old pull ups turned inside out over a pair of his pajamas in the laundry.
-I measure the remainder of Lucy's antibiotics and realize we are 2 doses short, so I call the doctor for more. They don't have it here in town. They have it in Norwalk, 30 minutes away.
-Lucy is whining that her finger is itchy.
-Lucy goes down for a nap!!!
-We pick up Tate from school, and because I have so much extra patience, I decide to take them all to Lord & Taylor.
-Apparently I'm the only one with extra patience because we're asked to leave L&T. I have not found the two items I need for tonight's party.
-Jake's work party is in an hour and I'm not sure what I'm wearing. Three people are talking to me at the same time because they think I need help typing.
-I'm retiring.
(note: Today is not extraordinary. This is my life.)
-I wake up at 7:30. 7:30!!! Holy cow, how is it possible that I slept in?! Turns out, Jake let me sleep because I "looked really tired". I was asleep. Of course I looked tired. How truly horrible must I have looked that he knew this asleep was worse than other morning's asleeps? (thank you Jake)
-While trying to convince Lucy to drink her Airborne/Koolaid coctail (She and Miley and I have a cold), she spills it all over the floor, turning the wood pink.
-I find glob of mystery food in the toy box while searching for cars for Miley.
-Lucy is whining because her "piggies are upside down". . . . !?!?
-While I am putting away the three loads of laundry I just folded, Miles unfolds the remainder and throws it to the far corners of the room.
-While I am vacuuming upstairs, Miles comes into the room with mystery white slime covering his entire body.
-While searching for source of mystery slime, I trip over empty can of Rediwhip on the stairs. EMPTY can.
-I clean Rediwhip off cupboards, floor, door, and refrigerator (that stuff squirts wicked far!) accompanied by Lucy whining that her pants are too loose so you can see the top of her panties.
-I find Miles, naked, riding his scooter bike in the living room.
-I Lysol the scooter bike.
-Miles paints a Peanut Butter Picasso on the dining room table.
-Lucy is whining that she's "boring".
-I eat two chocolate chip cookies to make me feel better.
-Miles brings me an unwrapped stick of butter.
-I hunt for the wrapper.
-Lucy interprets "go put these clothes on Reid's bed" as "Go put them in the bathroom".
-Make that three chocolate chip cookies.
-Miles dumps out all containers on the bottom shelf in the toy room. (crayons, playdoh, guys, cars, pirates, and animals)
-Miles goes down for a nap!!!
-I find Tate's used three-day-old pull ups turned inside out over a pair of his pajamas in the laundry.
-I measure the remainder of Lucy's antibiotics and realize we are 2 doses short, so I call the doctor for more. They don't have it here in town. They have it in Norwalk, 30 minutes away.
-Lucy is whining that her finger is itchy.
-Lucy goes down for a nap!!!
-We pick up Tate from school, and because I have so much extra patience, I decide to take them all to Lord & Taylor.
-Apparently I'm the only one with extra patience because we're asked to leave L&T. I have not found the two items I need for tonight's party.
-Jake's work party is in an hour and I'm not sure what I'm wearing. Three people are talking to me at the same time because they think I need help typing.
-I'm retiring.


9 Comments:
allison! my mom was sleeping on the couch next to the computer while I was reading that last entry...and I woke her up to read it to her! It was way to funny to pass up, sounds like you have your hands full, I just think it is so funny that you find yourself getting kicked out of so many places!
I UNDERSTAND!!! I call this "Drive me to drinking day's."
I think that is my favorite post of all time. Thank you for that.
Sending my love to you Al!
Ah yes. This is a day I know all too well. *sigh* But look at your last Tuesday when you were in nature and happy. :)
P.S. How was the party?
Les.
ahh. Sounds familiar. My favorite is that lucy was whining about being "boring." So funny!
Thank goodness for chocolate chip cookies.
I love your post! You had me laughing the whole time. I guess we need those kinds of days to make the others look good:)
I can't believe the Miles is 2. Has it been that long since you moved from TX? Tell eveyone HI!
Valerie
So this is an ordinary day at your house?
Post a Comment
<< Home