Horton Hears A Who!

Watch the trailer here!
My boys are famous! Well, that may be a wee bit of an exaggeration, but I'm proud of them nonetheless. Jake's been working on Horton since we moved here. (his name is on the left in the credits under designers I think.) Miles was born during production, so he's under "production babies" on the right. And my little budding artist, Tate, is accidentally in the movie too. Way back when Jake was designing the kitchen in the Mayor's house, Jake's boss asked him to do kid-style artwork for the fridge. He suggested Tate do it, and Jake thought that was a great idea too. So, Jake gave Tate some pictures of the Mayor, and he did a few great (unbiased mother opinion) drawings. Well, the next month, Jake's boss came back to him and said the lawyers for Fox (lawyers! grrrr) said no way because Tate wasn't an employee. Tate was bummed.
Well, we went and saw it last week, didn't pay any attention to the fridge, and the next day found out that Tate's art accidentally made it in. So when you ALL GO SEE THE MOVIE, check the fridge in the background of the kitchen. The first few times it's shown, that's Tate's art. Then it switches to some other drawings, which belong to Jake's boss.
I know I just spent one sentence on Jake's part in the movie and two paragraphs on Tate's. But he's my little boy! Jake did a thing or two as well, including but not limited to, designing the kitchen, the dentist's office (my favorite scene in the movie!), the hall with all the portraits, the mayor's bedroom (I think), and a lot of other things which I should have paid closer attention to as he told me. Go check some of his work here. He also did the credits at the beginning (way to place those letters Honey!)
So, go see the movie!


9 Comments:
I had no idea - that is so cool!! We have been eagerly anticipating this movie and we plan to take Ella on Saturday. Now we're even more excited!
(sorry Al)
Dear Jake and Tate Parker,
I am a huge fan of your artwork! I can't wait to take my family to see the movie and I love bragging to everyone that I know you guys.
SO COOL!!!!
I am a huge fan of your work. I am also a fan of your wife's cookies.
Sincerely,
A dedicated fan.
Those dang lawyers!!!
I can't wait to see it. I will see it multiple times if I need to in order to view the Parker name in the credits!
By the way...are his hands insured? Inquiring minds want to know. He does such amazing work!
Thank Agent 44 for sharing his talents with the little people.
That is so neat. I can't wait to see it!
Yes now I know what we are going to do tomorrow afternoon!
Woah. You are famous.
And not just because I made up a whole post just to find you. (Seriously. I had to add those other two blogging things to make up a full post.)
Now I'm glad I did, because your kid and husband are celebrities.
It was awesome! We took up a whole huge long row at the movie theater. Then a whole huge set of tables at IHOP. Loved it!
Les.
P.S. Send cookies.
Post a Comment
<< Home