Slogging for eggs, hangin' with the Who's, and accidental ice cream.
What a perfect weekend!
We started it out watching Princess Diaries (obviously it wasn't Tate's week to pick.), and we caught them voluntarily sitting like this:

Saturday morning we were dragged by the kids to the annual eat-stuff-off-the ground party, also known as an Easter egg hunt. Usually we avoid putting anything in our mouths that were dropped in the outdoors by animals, but our friends, Eric and Shauna,

put on a very nice party. It quit raining just exactly as the party started, hence the boots and soggy bottoms.


The only down side was convincing Miles and Reid not to eat the candy until the actual hunt began.

We ditched out early to take Reid and the kids the the family showing of Horton, where we had lots of fun, because, in a theater full of children, who cares if your 4 year old laughs like a hyena with a megaphone?

After resting up at home, we dragged the kids to our very last class (we've been taking a six-week marriage and family class that's lasted for 4 months!) They got to play in the nursery with a very nice babysitter, so don't feel too bad for them. Lucy did have an accident, though, requiring a wardrobe change while at the church. Jake was in charge of discreetly removing the soiled article of clothing from the building, so of course, he chucked them onto the roof of our van "just until the class is over." Well, as we're entering the onramp to the freeway, I ask if he remembered to get them down. Needless to say, we turned around and spent the next little while hunting for the poopy panties on the road. When we spotted them, he put on the hazards and jumped out of the car (what a good dad!), and then proceeded to throw them in a bush on the side of the road. After I made him go get them, he tossed them in the back of the van and headed for home. It only took about 3/4 of a mile before it felt a lot like riding in a port-a-potty. We took the next exit, as Tate howled for mercy from the backseat, and pulled over at the first strip mall with trash cans. Well, as luck would have it, we were in front of a very empty Cold Stone Creamery (my FAVORITE, and I've not had it for over 4 years!), so we took the kids in. I don't know whether it was a severe case of the I'm-just-a-goofy-six-year-old's, or in protest of riding in the haz-mat mobile, but he decided to wear his easter-egg collecting bag on his head.

(side note-I'm trying very very hard to let him make his own choices lately, and saving my battles for things like behaving in church and sliding down the banister.)
Despite a few odd looks, we had a great time, everyone was well behaved, nobody fought, and most importantly, I got ice cream!!!!

What a perfect day.
We started it out watching Princess Diaries (obviously it wasn't Tate's week to pick.), and we caught them voluntarily sitting like this:

Saturday morning we were dragged by the kids to the annual eat-stuff-off-the ground party, also known as an Easter egg hunt. Usually we avoid putting anything in our mouths that were dropped in the outdoors by animals, but our friends, Eric and Shauna,

put on a very nice party. It quit raining just exactly as the party started, hence the boots and soggy bottoms.


The only down side was convincing Miles and Reid not to eat the candy until the actual hunt began.

We ditched out early to take Reid and the kids the the family showing of Horton, where we had lots of fun, because, in a theater full of children, who cares if your 4 year old laughs like a hyena with a megaphone?

After resting up at home, we dragged the kids to our very last class (we've been taking a six-week marriage and family class that's lasted for 4 months!) They got to play in the nursery with a very nice babysitter, so don't feel too bad for them. Lucy did have an accident, though, requiring a wardrobe change while at the church. Jake was in charge of discreetly removing the soiled article of clothing from the building, so of course, he chucked them onto the roof of our van "just until the class is over." Well, as we're entering the onramp to the freeway, I ask if he remembered to get them down. Needless to say, we turned around and spent the next little while hunting for the poopy panties on the road. When we spotted them, he put on the hazards and jumped out of the car (what a good dad!), and then proceeded to throw them in a bush on the side of the road. After I made him go get them, he tossed them in the back of the van and headed for home. It only took about 3/4 of a mile before it felt a lot like riding in a port-a-potty. We took the next exit, as Tate howled for mercy from the backseat, and pulled over at the first strip mall with trash cans. Well, as luck would have it, we were in front of a very empty Cold Stone Creamery (my FAVORITE, and I've not had it for over 4 years!), so we took the kids in. I don't know whether it was a severe case of the I'm-just-a-goofy-six-year-old's, or in protest of riding in the haz-mat mobile, but he decided to wear his easter-egg collecting bag on his head.

(side note-I'm trying very very hard to let him make his own choices lately, and saving my battles for things like behaving in church and sliding down the banister.)
Despite a few odd looks, we had a great time, everyone was well behaved, nobody fought, and most importantly, I got ice cream!!!!

What a perfect day.


9 Comments:
Sweet Lucy, ice Cream makes everything better!
Oh man that stinks! i hate when i leave my panties up on top of the car
I went to that annual egg hunt last year! And in response to your comment on my blog... I'm ready for a game/cheese night anytime you are up for it! And I can definitely drag Jennah and blondie along. You just let me know when! :)
The family picture at the movies is so perfect. Especially with Tate giving Lucy bunny ears.
I am reading this to Nathan laughing and the first thing he asks is why you had to keep the panties and get them out of the bush. Great dads think alike, don't they.
I really want that red coat of yours.
sorry, 352699, and i'm done exactly midnight.
It must be said that Lucy is approaching supermodel gorgeousness. Even with her brother pulling bunny ears in the family pic, she is working it!
so funny- I would like to spend a day or two in your house- i am sure I would laugh a lot.
Post a Comment
<< Home