Monday, April 14, 2008

The Sushi, the Cowboy, and Prince Harry

Apparently our reputation has not spread as far west as the Children's Art Museum in Mesa, AZ, because they let us in.
Ten kids in an art museum may not sound like fun, but it beats going to the gym. There were lots of touchable exhibits and fun things to do,

IMG_6266

(pretend sushi was a hit until Miles decided to see if plastic was yummy)

and other than Miles eating sprinkles off one of the pieces of artwork, we were fairly well behaved.

Well, almost.

IMG_6267


The whole section we were in was entitled, "Table Manners" and was all about food. So many things to mess with!

IMG_6272

We bid a temporary farewell to Aunt Leslie's family (just in the nick of time, I suspect. I imagine she's taking a 9 or 10 hour nap.) Grandma picked us up and we headed out to Safford. Miles swapped his crocs for boots and permanently assumed his throne as King of the Jeep.

IMG_6292

Our friend, Gina, was kind enough to let us practice our city slicker skills on her pony, Prince Harry. Tate was very excited, needed no coaxing, and rode him three times.

IMG_6296

Lucy screamed and cried, hiding behind a tree. I finally told her she had to ride the horse or the dog, her choice. She took one look at the old german shepherd and opted for Harry. Once she was on it, she had fun and actually asked to do it two more times.

IMG_6299

Miles, my king of the jungle - fearless animal man, was less than thrilled. He couldn't decide who was more terrifying, the dog or the horse, but screamed y and tried to climb me when ever the dog stood up.

IMG_6303

Move over Jeff Corwin.

IMG_6305

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How did Lucy take to the harsh reality that ponies don't really poop butterflies?

4/14/2008 3:42 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

It looks like you guys are having such a great time! And it looks like it must be nice and warm out west!

And you know, I am almost 30 and I never knew that ponies pooped butterflies, who'd a thought! :)

4/14/2008 5:18 PM  
Blogger The Cochran Family said...

I took a look at the title the pictuer and thought, HOW THE HECK DID SHE GET THEM TO EAT SUSHI...HOW COOL!! then i found out it was plastic..lol

4/15/2008 12:10 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I did see the museum lady come by with the Lysol after we left the sushi table. Good timing, since Sofia was doing the same thing as Miles. :p

Looks like you guys are having fun in the desert! We can't wait to see you again. Maybe we'll drive out to visit you there.

Les.

4/15/2008 1:12 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm lovin' Miley's boots! What a cutie!

4/16/2008 7:27 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

You guys are always up to fun! Hope Jake is okay back home without you. I love how Miles posed for the camera in your Woolf Den post! Have fun.

4/17/2008 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comment made me laugh out loud! Maybe if you had been with me I would've "started something!"

We miss you guys. Last night as I fell asleep Adam said, "Why haven't you spent any time with Alison lately? Is everything okay?" I said, half asleep, "She's goooone."

Hurry back!

4/18/2008 7:23 AM  
Blogger Melinda Jones said...

What a party! It looks like you guys are having way too much fun, we are so jealous!

4/19/2008 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home