Thanks a LOT Julie!
At 4-something this morning, I hear "Oh no!" Then hyperventilating, running footsteps, the bathroom light flip on, more hyperventilating, and then a scream of pure panic, that I have never heard before. Lucy flew into our room, freaking out like I've never seen, sobbing, "I'm gonna have a beard like Dad!"
What the heck?
Well, Lucy had a play date yesterday with her other half, Ellie. While there, Julie was nice enough to paint her nails, and in an effort to get her to not suck her thumb (good intentions, really), Julie told her that this was "Special" nail polish. If she sucked her thumb with this on, she'd grow whiskers, eventually getting a beard like her dad. Knowing Lucy can't take a joke, I added, "She's only joking." She didn't hear me, apparently. She did so well all day, didn't suck her thumb once, and though it was a mighty struggle, managed to fall asleep without her thumb.
Well 4-something in the morning, she wakes up, realizing her thumb is in her mouth, thus the screaming. It took us a good long time to convince her Julie was kidding. Jake kept suggesting we call Julie right then to set Lucy straight, but finally she calmed down enough to go back to sleep.
Thanks a LOT Julie. :)

Miles insisted I take one of his nails too.
What the heck?
Well, Lucy had a play date yesterday with her other half, Ellie. While there, Julie was nice enough to paint her nails, and in an effort to get her to not suck her thumb (good intentions, really), Julie told her that this was "Special" nail polish. If she sucked her thumb with this on, she'd grow whiskers, eventually getting a beard like her dad. Knowing Lucy can't take a joke, I added, "She's only joking." She didn't hear me, apparently. She did so well all day, didn't suck her thumb once, and though it was a mighty struggle, managed to fall asleep without her thumb.
Well 4-something in the morning, she wakes up, realizing her thumb is in her mouth, thus the screaming. It took us a good long time to convince her Julie was kidding. Jake kept suggesting we call Julie right then to set Lucy straight, but finally she calmed down enough to go back to sleep.
Thanks a LOT Julie. :)

Miles insisted I take one of his nails too.


8 Comments:
Did you do something different with Miles' picture, because I can see Lucy's but not his...same way with lots further down.
Grandpa Parker
That is funny!!!
Hee hee!! They're too cute! It's been too long since I've visited you Parkers!!!
Sorry!!! :)
That story should definitely be included in your memoir.
Yes, you should have absolutely called Julie to let her know how well her plan worked out for the whole family! For Keaton we got mittens and cut the whole finger off so all that was left was the thumb. We put it on at nap time and bed time. Maybe that would help Lucy to remember when she is asleep. Or she could be like Nana and suck her thumb until she is 14.
PS Miles is a ham
hahaha! That's so funny! I don't know Julie..but I would have been tempted to call her too. If you had to wake up, she should too! :)
Al, had you called me....
Post a Comment
<< Home