Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What we missed whilst I was teetering on the brink of death. . .

I know nobody cares at this point, but for the sake of journaling I have to squeeze these in here.

IMG_6314

We had so much fun playing with our long time friends, the Hacketts. We played kickball with them, ate their yummy food, and Steve, Janell, and I all discovered it's not really that hard to speak French! You just use a french accent, wave your hand like you're better than the people around you, and use "le" before each word. Lucy and Emma became inseparable and Tate and Matt must surely share a brain, as they think exactly alike. I took the boys to see Nim's Island on Thurs. night and they giggled all through it.

IMG_6310

IMG_6329

We played lots of "Old Maid" in Safford, which I'm sad to say must be added to the long list of games at which my mother can be beaten by a 4 year old.
Oh, and while there, a baby owl flew/fell down from it's nest and couldn't get back up. We spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to see how close we could get to it before the mother swooped down at us from her tree.

IMG_6337

My mom must have gotten the closest, because I've never seen that woman move so fast as when that momma bird came down towards her.

We also got to stay in a lovely resort that I don't remember (except the bathroom), while my parents helped with the kids. Thank you a MILLION times!

IMG_6340

We rode scooters on the basketball court,

IMG_6326

we dragged kites through the dirt,

IMG_6324

and we did lots of other things that were really fun but apparently not very memorable because I can't recall them. I just know that by the end, we were pooped.

IMG_6325

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Wow..that was a lot of reading. I'm happy I'm now allowed to view the wonderful Parker Family blog! :)

4/23/2008 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home