Sunday, March 29, 2009

Finally!!! Disneyland here we come!

mickey_minnie_disneyland_small

Oh, I am so excited. I can hardly contain myself.

Sneaky we are not, but somehow we have pulled this off (so far.)

On Thursday, we will load the monkeys into the car "for school" and head for the airport instead. When questions arise about where we are going, we plan to shrug our shoulders and say, "You'll see!" They have been saving all their change (and ours) in a giant jar for this very purpose for several years, and have no idea it's about to be used.

We will fly to Burbank, rent a car, and drive that afternoon to Anaheim. By then, they will realize where we are going and need sedatives. Not to worry, I'm packing the tranquilizer gun.

Friday will be spent climbing, riding, squealing, eating, running, playing, and gawking at all that is fantastic in Disneyland. I'm especially looking forward to a up-close and personal encounter with a Disneyland Churro.

Saturday is shaping up to be a major letdown, as we will be driving 9 hours to my parent's house, but our good friends, GameBoy, Leapster, fruit snacks, and Dramamine will be there to get us through.

The rest of the trip will include Tate's baptism, (which we've been planning with him, only now it includes his whole extended family. Tee Hee) lots of cousin/aunt/uncle time, playing in actual grass, and not wearing a coat. Help me, Hannah, I don't know if I can take that much joy. (mostly the no-coat part)

I've almost spilled the beans so many times. I am just so excited, I'm afraid it'll just come bursting out.

"Hey, pick up your underwear off the ground."
"Don't sit on the baby."
"Did you do your homework?"
"We're going to DISNEYLAND!!!"

I know, I know, it'll be better if it's a surprise. I'm trying.

8 Comments:

Blogger willreidsmith said...

I'm so stoked. See you in a few days!!

3/29/2009 10:55 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

We're excited, too! We told our kids as soon as we knew you were coming, and thank goodness they have a sense of time, because they've just been excited and not asking me every minute if you're here yet. :) Good luck this week!!

3/30/2009 12:36 AM  
Blogger anna said...

Oh my gosh! What a fun surprise! Lee and the kids did something similar for me for my 30th birthday...definetly worth the surprise of it all!
What fun parents!

3/30/2009 1:29 AM  
Blogger The Arbuckle's said...

I am jealous! Your kids are going to be so excited. I can't believe you've kept this from them.

Have Fun!

3/30/2009 1:19 PM  
Blogger kj said...

Holy Cow!! That sounds like so much fun! Your kids are going to love it. They're the perfect age too - this will be the best surprise of their lives!

3/30/2009 8:27 PM  
Blogger The Cluff's said...

How Fun! What a great thing to surprise your kids with. I can only imagine how much dramamine it will take to keep your kids calm once they know! I want to come play at your house someday and you can be my fun parent for a day or two. I know you'll be crazy busy while you are here but I would love to see you! Enjoy yourself and good luck keeping the secret!

3/31/2009 8:37 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I think that's the best surprise ever! Have fun! Enjoy the wonderful weather!

4/01/2009 4:24 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

You guys always have great suprises!!! Have fun.

4/01/2009 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home