Hiding out
I'm in hiding.
Calvin too. We do this with every baby. We hide for months.
![IMG_8008[1]](http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3018/3115150601_20a5a2d155.jpg)
It's snowy and cold, the flu is going around at church, the kids have all had colds this month, and we have a history of asthma in this house. All of those reasons have led to the lockdown going on at the Parker house. Well, that, and a bit of overprotective-mommying.
The pediatrician warned me that if Calvin gets a fever, she orders a full workup, including a spinal tap and hospital stay. That did it for me. If I lived in Arizona still, it would be different. If I only had one kid to keep germ free, it would be different. If we didn't have 2 breathing machines already and an arsenal of daily asthma medicines being taken, it would be different.
But it's not different. I make the kids wash up to the elbows with hot soapy water and change their shirt after school. I dragged them all in to get flu shots in October. I've probably offended half my friends by asking them not to come over when they ask. It's not them, I just do this each time.
So, if you come knocking at our door, don't be surprised if you get chased off with a paintball gun and water balloons. It's nothing personal, we like you, just not your germs. We'll see you all in the Spring.
Calvin too. We do this with every baby. We hide for months.
![IMG_8008[1]](http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3018/3115150601_20a5a2d155.jpg)
It's snowy and cold, the flu is going around at church, the kids have all had colds this month, and we have a history of asthma in this house. All of those reasons have led to the lockdown going on at the Parker house. Well, that, and a bit of overprotective-mommying.
The pediatrician warned me that if Calvin gets a fever, she orders a full workup, including a spinal tap and hospital stay. That did it for me. If I lived in Arizona still, it would be different. If I only had one kid to keep germ free, it would be different. If we didn't have 2 breathing machines already and an arsenal of daily asthma medicines being taken, it would be different.
But it's not different. I make the kids wash up to the elbows with hot soapy water and change their shirt after school. I dragged them all in to get flu shots in October. I've probably offended half my friends by asking them not to come over when they ask. It's not them, I just do this each time.
So, if you come knocking at our door, don't be surprised if you get chased off with a paintball gun and water balloons. It's nothing personal, we like you, just not your germs. We'll see you all in the Spring.


11 Comments:
What a wonderful picture!
How is it that he's even cuter that just a few days ago. What a handsome little fellow. He looks just like your Mom to me!
1) How freakin' cute is that baby?!?! LOVE his coal-black hair!
2) I completely understanding being in hiding. Ollie is on ear infection 3 (in nine weeks) from colds and stuff. We're getting tubes in January, but until then, we may hide from church...where kids cough as if they have consumption.
Smart mom. Could this boy be any cuter?! I can't believe that beautiful head of dark hair! Can I have him for dessert?
oh that boy is handsome! Are you interested in betrothing he and Brooke? We'll pay for the wedding of course...
As my scrapbook friends used to say, "OH! My uterus!" ;) He is adorable. I wish I could take the midnight shift so I could nuzzle that cuteness. I think you're the bravest mom I know. Good luck with hiding out.
I think you are smart to be hiding out. People bring their sick childern to church all the time...don't they know these small ones could get sick??? It is a pet peeve of mine.
Also, this child is just beautiful. I hope that you will post more pics soon, he is just cuter than anything
You are smart...I just looked through all of the pictures of him...he looks like a dark little Miles to me.
He is so cute!! That hair and pouting lips--adorable! That's exactly what my peditrician said. Don't want our babes to get RSV--it's not worth it. I've been the nazi mom--wash hands, wash hands.
He is so precious - I would be hiding out at home keeping him all to myself too!
He is so cute! I can't believe the dark hair.
Post a Comment
<< Home