Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I want my mommy!

My mom left yesterday. Those words wouldn't be nearly so sad if I hadn't just had a baby. For the last 2 1/2 weeks, she's been cooking, cleaning, picking up kids from school, folding laundry, burping a baby, doing a fantastic job with Tate on his Davy Crockett report, grocery shopping, playing Memory with Miles, doing Tate's (painful) math homework with him, finishing endless projects that I never finished, baking, and most fantastic of all, she's been taking the midnight shift.

Each night since Calvin was born, she's been shooing me off to bed at 8 o'clock so I can get in at least 3 hours of real sleep. She stays up with him, feeds him, burps him, and then staggers off to bed at about midnight (sometimes later). This saved me! I spent the rest of the night on the couch, nursing, burping, diaper changing, and usually only sneaking in another hour or two before daybreak.

Last night was my first night alone. We survived. There were no disasters, no meltdowns, only mild crying, and I did get to sleep a few hours.

It's just not nearly as fun without her.

Thanks Mom.

3 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

My mom was a lifesaver as well after Oliver was born. Moms are good stuff.

12/17/2008 7:00 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Moms are lifesavers, for sure. You can do it, though! You're in my prayers. xo

12/18/2008 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That;s why you have the relief society. :) Call me. I'm yours.

12/18/2008 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home