Monday, December 01, 2008

Losing friends right and left...

This pregnancy business is hard on friendships! I have (had) three lovely friends, each due to have a baby right around my due date. Well, Darleen had herself a great big beautiful boy a week and a half ago, meaning I can't be her friend anymore until mine comes. Rachel had her baby girl two weeks ago, so I refuse to associate with her for now, and just this morning, my dear friend, Suzie, had herself a (surprise!) teeny tiny little girl, meaning naturally, I'm not speaking to her anymore until I'm no longer in this state (especially since she wasn't due for 3 more weeks!!!)

Ugh, I don't have that many friends left!

I went to the doctor today, with every intention of being induced (my doctor promised to do it today if I didn't start on my own over the weekend), only to find out my doctor is on vacation for a week and his partner refused to do it. Yep, refused. He said if I'm still a big fat girl (okay, maybe he didn't use that terminology, but that's what he meant) by SATURDAY, he'd start me. This is Monday. Saturday is like 89 years away in 9-month-pregnant time.

I'm drowning my sorrows in a box of Entenmann's Chocolate Donuts, with the help of Miles and Tate, who is home sick with ear infection and a cold. Don't call me and ask if I'm still pregnant. Don't call and tell me it's okay. Don't call and say, "You're home! Why aren't you in the hospital?" You may only call me if you are telling me you're on the way over with more donuts.

Otherwise, you may be added to the list.

180

5 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

RATS! The donuts would be stale by the time I got there, but I would do it if I could.
xo
Les
P.S. Your doctor should be shot.

12/01/2008 4:09 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

Al
Why are you so funny?! You CRACK me up. Your donuts are in the mail. Im sure you won't need them by the time they get there. :)

12/01/2008 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, whoops! So, when I said, "WHY are YOU answering the phone!?" ...that was not a good thing? :) Sorry!

12/01/2008 5:02 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Was that doctor a male?? If so, a discussion of how a giant baby on a cervix feels would have ensued, complete with LOOOOTTTSSS of grisly detail.

12/01/2008 7:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You WILL have that baby before I have mine! I promise!

12/01/2008 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home