"A real girl. . ."
Penelope was given a name and a blessing last week in church.

Jake says this makes her a real girl like Pinnochio.

We have no family nearby, of our three closest friends who helped with Calvin's baby blessing, one was in China and one didn't get called. But Penny was a doll. No crying or whining, she was quiet as a church mouse.

However, I didn't hear a thing that was said until the very end.

Not that the people sitting around me were noisy, it's just that I was wrestling with someone

and a church mouse he 'aint!

Jake says this makes her a real girl like Pinnochio.

We have no family nearby, of our three closest friends who helped with Calvin's baby blessing, one was in China and one didn't get called. But Penny was a doll. No crying or whining, she was quiet as a church mouse.

However, I didn't hear a thing that was said until the very end.

Not that the people sitting around me were noisy, it's just that I was wrestling with someone

and a church mouse he 'aint!


4 Comments:
I have a little boy who is currently sporting his helmet EVERYWHERE we go. He's no church mouse either.
But Calvin sure is a cute noisemaker.
Kisses to the real girl.
Congratulations to the cutest baby girl alive!
Where did you get that adorable dress? I need to find something to bless Mirabelle in...sort of ashamed that she's 12 weeks old and not blessed...
Hey Alison - it has been a LONG time. . . you have 2 more kids than the last time I checked your blog or we emailed. Congrats! Penelope - I LOVE her name! That was going to be Fiona but Brian won. Anyhow, looks like you all are having lots and lots of fun. It would really be fun to see you guys some day. If you are ever in Seattle, call so we can get together. Love, Erin
Post a Comment
<< Home