Too big for her britches

Penny's too big.
She's too big for her onesies, she's too big for her jammies, and she's too big for her bassinet.
I can't get rid of it.
Every time I have to fold up a too-small article of clothing and place it in a bag for goodwill, I get a little misty.
A lot misty.
Ok, I cry.
She's my last baby. As I put that pair of jammies away, I know I'll never have another newborn to wear it. In my mind she's walking and going to kindergarten and getting baptized and driving and dating and leaving for college.
And that's just when I put away jammies!
I can't get rid of that bassinet. I just can't. All my sweet-peas have snuggled inside it back when they really were sweet.
I may just have to keep it forever.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home