Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Moving on. . .

We're like nomads. We wander. A few years here, a couple there.

We have been at home in 4 different states in the last 11 years.

Time for number 5.

Jake has a job offer in a faraway land and after 5 years here, we feel we've outgrown our surroundings. We haven't outgrown our friends, our neighbors, the City, the apple picking, the beach, the Fall colors, or the diversity of people.

We have, however, outgrown the one bathroom, the no dishwasher, the distance from family, and the cost of rent.

We took a little trip this weekend to look for a new home.

I left my 3 oldest with a friend. I hope after this I can still call her friend.

Never having spent a night away from my monkeys, I was a little nervous.

A lot nervous.

US

Apparently, by the picture on the mantel and the smiles on their faces, they had the time of their lives. Lucy gushed about her new friend, Sister Lizzy. Tate couldn't get over all the fun things you can do when Calvin and Penelope aren't around, and Miles was very quick to tell me not only can she cook crepes on a Sunday night like I do, she does it better than I do.

I'm glad.

We had a great time too. Grandma and Grandpa met us up there and helped juggle the babies.

Penelope got juggled quite a bit by Grandpa.

IMG_1171

And Calvin, well he may have been juggled a bit too much since he spent a portion of the trip throwing up on Grandma. Food poisoning really interrupts a good house hunt.

Despite all the juggling and barfing, we found a house to call home. Cross your fingers for us.

As for where we're going, well, we'll give you a clue:

IMG_1153

But not quite yet.

We still have some apple picking to do, some ocean to swim in, some friends to play with, some sites to visit, and some leaves to enjoy.

Oh, and I've got to get Lizzy to make me some crepes.

14 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

How exciting! I haven't called cuz I figured you were plenty busy recovering from your trip, but I've been thinking about you guys all weekend long!

7/14/2010 11:09 PM  
Blogger The Arbuckle's said...

I hope you are able to find a house that you will love and fit into :)

We are going to miss you guys here.

7/15/2010 7:29 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

Definitely still friends, and thanks for not posting the part about me losing Lucy :)

7/15/2010 9:24 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

We are nomads, too...we'd love to come and visit you (but promise to stay somewhere NOT in your house - promise!) at some point.

7/15/2010 1:23 PM  
Blogger Marilee said...

What an exciting new adventure! I'm sure you will feel like you are staying in Buckingham Palace when you get a dishwasher. You are a saint for going so long without one. We, too are nomads and are considering an opportunity that would keep us living in different parts of the world for the next little while. We'll see. it is a big decision. Keep us posted on the move!!!!

7/15/2010 9:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yea, Glad the trip went well and is over. I am excited to hear more.

7/16/2010 9:23 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

You will be SOOOO missed!

7/16/2010 1:55 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

You sound so much like me when we found out we were moving. It was suddenly like - "Wait!! There are certain parts of this place I don't want to leave." Yes - make sure you make one last trip to Lyman Orchards before you go (and have one of those glazed cider doughnuts for me)

Email me about the house, location and when you get here. Not that we want to crowd you or anything :) But we're happy to help move boxes and we still want to have you guys over...

7/16/2010 4:09 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7/16/2010 4:09 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

Oh, I am SO excited for you guys! I miss that place, we lived within walking distance to that Temple. Wish we were still living in Utah so we could come and see you guys. We'll have to make sure to get in touch when we come out to visit. Congratulations on the new job and the new adventure (and being within driving distance to family-YAY!!!)

7/16/2010 5:20 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

They're letting you park your mobile home permanently on temple square? That's awesome! :)

Can't wait to visit.

7/17/2010 1:09 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Congrats on the new adventure.

7/18/2010 11:04 AM  
Blogger erin and brian said...

You found a place?? Hooray for you. You guys are getting closer to us. . . I love it!!!

7/19/2010 2:06 AM  
Blogger MCMULLIN FAMILY said...

We will miss you desperately. And I am jealous you are going to Utah. Love that place.

7/27/2010 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home