Monday, December 29, 2008

Cookies for Santa (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)

Each year we make sugar cookies for Santa.

57 cookies for Santa.

We end up putting three on the plate, 2 or 3 in each kid, and 47 in the mommy.

IMG_5203

I guess we could only make 8 or 9,

IMG_5187

but really, if you're going to make this big of a mess, you should at least get to make yourself ill on the fruits of your labors. Besides, this is my Aunt Susie's famous recipe, and you can't eat just one.

or just 12.

IMG_5185

So glad he wore the apron. That was at least one square foot of clean on his frosting covered body by the end.

IMG_5186

Lucy, ever the perfectionist, had to start over a few times on her cookies so they could look "just perfect for Santa. I want him to leave me LOTS of presents!"

IMG_5200

At one point, I looked over and he was frosting his palm. He then licked it off and started over again. This is why we segregate the cookies and each person gets their own cup of frosting.

IMG_5197

When speaking of sprinkles, more is always better.

IMG_5201

Each kid got to pick one of his or her creations to leave on our special Christmas plate for the Big Guy. I think Santa may have slipped them to his reindeer. Well, at least I'm sure he did with Miley's.

These were happily consumed at 3 in the morning while waiting for a bottle to heat. Those and 43 others. Just the thing to keep me awake!

IMG_5204

And yes, we are being completely unfriendly to the environment. I am only using paper plates from now until Calvin is at least 5 months old. Don't like it? Buy me a dishwasher!


After the cookie fun (and some very vigorous bathing) the kids got to open one gift each, and amazingly enough, it was the same thing as every other Christmas Eve - Jammies!

IMG_8174

Lucy's were a little big, but that's what happens when scatterbrained Mommy can't remember where the jammies are that she's had for two months because she's so prepared before this baby comes so Daddy has to go to the store on Christmas Eve and pick some out. I think that may be the first time he's bought a piece of clothing for one of the kids!)

IMG_8176

Lucy made some lovely pictures for Santa (hoping to improve the caliber of the gifts left for her) and the reindeer enjoyed the carrots left for them.

IMG_8179

I guess Santa liked the pictures. That tall blue one turned out to be a new doll for her.

IMG_8183

Sadly, this is the only picture we got of present opening. Thanks Uncle Eric, for the football!

2 Comments:

Blogger Melinda Jones said...

Those cookies look yummy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

12/29/2008 5:34 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

FUN! Annika has a shirt that says "I love sprinkles" so maybe she and Miley can be friends. Cookies eaten on Christmas Eve/Day don't count. I promise.
Les.

12/29/2008 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home